TX Track Day Anyone

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I would see if Pete or any of the other TX folks will be hitting the track here anytime soon (yes I get understand we just received 12" of snow in Dallas). My first will be with Ridesmart at MSR-H outside of Houston on March 6. Anyone thinking about a track day in TX??
Brian

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Brian I'm going to try to get on the track during March. I've not selected any dates yet as the weather is so unpredictable. Also my bike is ungodly loud right now and I be kicked off the track. I hope to have that solved in a few weeks.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
So Pete are you and I the only Track idiots here form TX?? the wife is trying to get me to go to Austin for a weekend to visit a friend of hers. Fortunately she is open to me arranging this around a track day with Elite. Are you instructing there? I have a nice new Triumph 675 that is going to be my primary track ride that I want to run against a buell...kind of a anti-establishment sportbike runoff of sorts. Let me know what your Elite plans look like and I'll work to make that happen. You really should come north and try Cresson and Eagles Canyon at some point as well.

HouTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did my first TD at MSRH on Saturday on my FZ6. I had a blast! I rode Level 1 and gained a lot of confidence and improved my riding abilities. My favorite parts were Key Hole and Bus Stop where I could really focus on leaning my bike and not being afraid to do so. I will probably be going to Eagles Canyon on 4.24 and then TWS on 5.8. I'll be picking up a 08 R6 this weekend. I'll keep the FZ6 for commuting and touring but she was fantastic out on the track.

I think I'm hooked!

Coming out of Diamond's Edge with my instructor behind me.
IMG_11560.jpg

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
I would love to do a trackday! Cresson and Slidell would be the closest for me to drive to from Shreveport. I just need to find a date that works into my schedule. I may also have to replace tires this season, so that factors in as well.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
I just did my first TD at MSRH on Saturday on my FZ6. I had a blast! I rode Level 1 and gained a lot of confidence and improved my riding abilities. My favorite parts were Key Hole and Bus Stop where I could really focus on leaning my bike and not being afraid to do so. I will probably be going to Eagles Canyon on 4.24 and then TWS on 5.8. I'll be picking up a 08 R6 this weekend. I'll keep the FZ6 for commuting and touring but she was fantastic out on the track.

I think I'm hooked!

Coming out of Diamond's Edge with my instructor behind me.
IMG_11560.jpg

Hey HouTex, I looked for you all day to say hello!! I was pitted right next to you and never saw who it was that was riding the fz6. I was on on my Triumph 675 saturday (The Black one by the suspension folks) and in Lvl 3 so I presume our class and track times didn't match up. Diamonds edge continues to baffle me with on consistent basis. Was a great day, I am planning to hit the ECR date on 4/24 as well. Glad to hear you had a good time it is very addicting so be warned:rockon: See you at the next one! Keep in touch and we'll run a few laps around ECR

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Brian, I'll be up for some track days this summer. im waiting for tax return to get a suit. I havent rode before so i will be a beginner :(

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Brian, I'll be up for some track days this summer. im waiting for tax return to get a suit. I havent rode before so i will be a beginner :(

Great, always cool to have more bikes out there. I was real beginner last april when I started last on my FZ6, they did a great job of making comfortable, and VERY fun, it is very easy to get hooked! The RideSmart group does a great job of instruction and organization. You'll enjoy it and improve your riding both track and road. The RideSmart folks do rent leathers and boots if you want to give it try first before investing in leathers. Let me know when your planning to go or if you have any questions. More than happy to assist or answer questions. Below is the link for ridesmart if you want to check it out, see you at the track!!!

https://www.ridesmart.info/

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know if you Texas guys are aware of this, but if you sign up at HighPerformanceCrew.com and follow the instructions here (High Performance Crew) then you qualify for a 20% discount from RideSmart and you also get free leathers rental for your first track day.

I've done a couple of the RideSmart parade laps, but haven't found the bottle to do an actual track day.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know if you Texas guys are aware of this, but if you sign up at HighPerformanceCrew.com and follow the instructions here (High Performance Crew) then you qualify for a 20% discount from RideSmart and you also get free leathers rental for your first track day.

I've done a couple of the RideSmart parade laps, but haven't found the bottle to do an actual track day.

Good Call out, I am am part of the HPC group as well and the deiscount is nice. You should get out on the track, well worth the time and $$ I can assure you and with the discount it's about 120 for a great day of winding out your bike in (relatively) safe environment. If you want to find out what the FZ6 like is at the top end of the reve range the track is great place. Its a different bike up around 12-14K revs!! Hope to see you out there soon!

HouTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Brian. I saw your 675. That is a sweet bike. I'm on HPC as well and that Ridesmart discount definitely helps. I will look for you at ECR in April. I'll be riding a silver R6 I'm picking up in Austin on Friday.
I loved revving my FZ up to 12-14k and hearing her scream in the straights.

See you guys at ECR or TWS! I'll prob do Cresson in June.
I'm hooked!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Army schedule is up in the air right now, but my bike should be ready to go next week.

Elite has a track day on the 20th. I'm be doing Army that day.

This change in the weather is amazing. 82 today!!!:BLAA:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone heading to Eagles Canyon Raceway north of Fort Worth this weekend? I am going to be there on saturday the 24th running in level 2.