Question about fork mounted headlight brackets

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a question. I'm about the undertake the Buell headlight conversion and I was going to go armystrong's route and use flat stock aluminum strips to mount it, but before I go driving myself nuts trying to get the bends just right, I thought I'd try some headlight brackets off ebay.

Here's the problem, and where I need the help. I know the R6 forks on my bike are 43mm. And it's nearly impossible to find headlight brackets that are 43mm. But others have said that they've used these brackets successfully, I believe. So, would these work? Here's a picture and the listing...it says they're for 26-35mm forks, so this is where my confusion is.

Forkbrackets.jpg

Headlight Brackets Motorcycle headlamp ears 26-35mm Uni : eBay Motors (item 200435672466 end time Mar-05-10 12:48:34 PST)

Any help you guys can give me would be much appreciated!!!

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you find some? I think that first set that's shown on the SV is only for the clamps, not the ears.

Why are headlight brackets so expensive?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't found any yet. And you're right, after reading the SV bracket listing, it didn't include the actual part that mounts the headlight, only the part that goes around the forks.

I have no idea why headlight brackets are so expensive, but they are! I absolutely refuse to pay $80 for two little pieces of aluminum! At this point, I think I'm going to do it the way armystrong and others have and use flat stock aluminum. It's much cleaner and shouldn't be too hard.