OK, your all-time fav bike hero......

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Who are your all-time favourite bike heros - any era, any form of racing?

I have a few faves -

#1 Valentino Rossi - OF COURSE! Legend - unbelievable talent

#2 Barry Sheene - loved his larrakin ways - smoked, womanised and drank - really didn't care too much about race preparation. Used to watch him at Mallory Park as a kid - always a fave.

#3 Daijiro Kato - great talent. Life ended way too soon.

#4 Alex Barros - put him on any bike and he rides the hell out of it.

#5 Mick Doohan - what can I say - 3rd best rider ever (after Rossi and Ago)

#6 Robbie Rolfo - always been a fan - gentleman - also he has twice given me the cap off his head!.....

The list really is endless - Capirossi, Sarron, Grant, Schwantz, Harada, Ui, Abe - they are all legends.

Well, here are my faves. I am lucky enough to have met all of the 6 on my list, plus Capirossi, Harada, Ui and Abe.

Tell us who you heroes are...... :Flash:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Randy rocks.

Met him at Philip Island - laughed when I said I had a poster of him as a child on my wall.....

He takes celebrities around on the dual seated Ducati - he goes nuts - doesn't care if they're scared or not....

He is indeed one crazy dude.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd hafta go with........ Hmmmmmmmmm

#1 - Barry Sheene
#2 - Troy Bayliss
#3 - Garry McCoy
#4 - Gregg Hansford
#5 - Giacomo Agostini
But the list could go on & on & on :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now this is a fun thread....

1. Mighty Mick Doohan (The one legged wonder)..by a long way!

2. Wayne Gardner.....true grit, a real Aussie battler made good!

3. Troy Bayliss....the gentleman racer, who on his day, simply unbeatable!

4. Garry "Gazza" Mc Coy....the sultan of slide!

5. Troy Corser...bit uptight, but a lot like Eddie Lawson, in that he is very precise, and methodical in the way he goes about his business...not the greatest personality...

6. Anthony Gobert...ultimately a "wasted" talent, in more ways than one...but i will never forget him blitzing the field in the wet at Phillip Island one year on if i remember rightly....a Bimota, in the WSBK!

7. Wayne Rainey....loved watching this guy ride....

8. Kevin Schwantz...nut bag extraodinaire! The ultimate late braker, from the golden era of 500gp racing! His back wheels spent more time in the air, under braking, than any rider i can remember...and his crashes were always awesome!

9. Robbie Phillis....an original Aussie Trailblazer in WSBK...

10. Kevin Magee....carreer cut short by a rather nasty head injury in 500GP...but the ultimate Mr nice guy, and a pretty decent racer on his day.

11. Darryl Beattie....could of been so much more succesful, but sorta was around when Mighty Mick and Mr Gardner were taking all before them...awesome on a 250!

12. Anthony West...nutty as a fruitcake, but when he is in form, he is just about unbeatable...pity that form has only been for a couple of very brief periods...

13. Barry Sheene.....should probably be right up the top of this list, but i never really saw him race...but is on my list, cause of all the other things he has done for bike racing...best commentator ever...RIP Bazza....honoury Aussie forever....pretty decent bloke for a Pom!lol!

14. Begrudglingly, one of the greatest riders ever...at least in race wins, Valentino Rossi...spoilt brat for mine, but cant deny the guy is a racing god...and has done so much for the sport...but i just dont like him! never have! Sorry Kaz!

15. Max Biaggi....undoubtedly talented, but more so, cause i love seeing him getting beaten, and then whine like crazy...funny stuff!

16. Eddie Lawson....amazing talent, but the personality of an accountant!

17. John Kocinski...for the same reasons as Mr Biaggi!

18. Dead heat between Haga & Abe (RIP), both totally awesome, but mad as cut snakes....

19. Randy Mamola...The ulitmate clown Prince....

20. Mat Mladin.....Mr grumpy himself, but super fast, and super competitive!

I could go on and on....

:rockon:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Jamie, that's some list - agree with all but
Wayne Gardner - met him - really rude - don't like him
Max biaggi - coz my Valentino doesn't like him

Rossi # 14? :spank:

I have a hard time rating a rider I really dislike - must be a woman thing..... ;)

So many others - Mike Hailwood, Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson, Phil Reid - my list is also endless..... :Flash::Flash:

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Randy rocks.

He takes celebrities around on the dual seated Ducati - he goes nuts - doesn't care if they're scared or not....

I took this pic at Donington in 2006 :)

Donington2-1.jpg

My favourites:
Rossi of course
Ben Spies
Marco Simoncelli
Noriyuki Haga
Barry Sheene
Freddie Spencer
Randy Mamola
Wayne Rainey

Can't stand:
Casey Stoner
Jorge Lorenzo
Max Biaggi

having said that I wish no one ill will during a race, I hate it when we are watching in the pub and someone shouts "Fall! Fall!"

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Jamie, that's some list - agree with all but
Wayne Gardner - met him - really rude - don't like him
Max biaggi - coz my Valentino doesn't like him

Rossi # 14? :spank:

I have a hard time rating a rider I really dislike - must be a woman thing..... ;)

So many others - Mike Hailwood, Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson, Phil Reid - my list is also endless..... :Flash::Flash:

I didnt put Mike the Bike in my list...as i never saw him ride, or Phil Reid for that matter, or Ago, or Kenny Blake, or Kel Carruthers, or Malcolm Campbell, Kork Ballington....and the list goes on and on again...

Also agree with the Wayne Gardner thing...have met him...rude pri**!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took this pic at Donington in 2006 :)

Donington2-1.jpg

My favourites:
Rossi of course
Ben Spies
Marco Simoncelli
Noriyuki Haga
Barry Sheene
Freddie Spencer
Randy Mamola
Wayne Rainey

Can't stand:
Casey Stoner
Jorge Lorenzo
Max Biaggi

having said that I wish no one ill will during a race, I hate it when we are watching in the pub and someone shouts "Fall! Fall!"

I was wondering how long it would take for Mr. Spies to get a mention. IMHO opinion this guy is about the most entertaining rider on the track at the moment...lol...he really wants to win:rockon:. Takes it right to the edge. Dunno how he stays on sometimes.

Huge Mick Doohan fan. God!

Wayne Gardner, although he gave me the 5h1t5 when he moved into Touring Cars...lol...It's not a demolition Derby mate.:rolleyes:

Kevin Schwantz....Woohoo! Nutter...lol.

Casey Stoner can ride like a demon, but strikes me as a little...I dunno...sookie...lol...but compare him to Hayden on the same bike. No one cne ride it like Casey.

Rossi obviously is an awesome rider, but some of the 'moves' seem a little unsporting to me. Still you gotta expect that from left arm rock throwin' types (that's in there for Kazza...lol.:popcorn:)

I'm thinking that the nuttier they ride, the more entertaining I find them....lol.

Might say something about my personality:eek:

Cheers
Mike

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
#1 Mick Doohan - steely determination and able to f**k with the others minds.
#2 Troy Bayliss - top bloke and real entertaining racer
#3 Joey Dunlop - mad
#4 Kevin Schwantz - different style and mad braker
#5 Valentino Rossi - just because he's Rossi
#6 Garry McCoy - for the power slides anywhere and everywhere
#7 Casey Stoner - for riding a bike no one else can
#8 Aaron Slight - always so close without being #1
#9 Colin Edwards - for the battles with Bayliss plus I used to have an SP-1/RC-51
#10 Ben Spies - the future of MotoGP

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Far out, i forgot Casey! Lol! he has got to be somewhere in my top ten....aint been round long enough to be higher, and he aint exactly Mr Personality either!

But he is an Aussie, can ride as well as anyone...obviously, as Rossi likes to pay special attention to him! so we must support him almost unconditionally....plus his missus is well tasty, and from my hometown, Adelaide!...maybe top 5 then!