Yamaha lowered FZ6 seat

fisttakuffs

Reaction score
Visit site
A company called corbin makes a seat that claims to be slightly lower to improve comfort and prevent sliding toward the tank during braking. They go for about $370 us. I have been looking into one but have never sat on one so i cant speak for it

milo

Reaction score
Visit site
A company called corbin makes a seat that claims to be slightly lower to improve comfort and prevent sliding toward the tank during braking. They go for about $370 us. I have been looking into one but have never sat on one so i cant speak for it

i can vouch for the Corbin saddle on my triumph. absolutely love it. it was the first thing i spent extra $$ on when i bought the bike back in May 03(and will probably be the first thing i spend $$ on for my FZ.) 31000 miles later it is still a fantastic seat.

it's hard, but incredibly supportive and quite comfortable to me.

Corbin will, upon request, customize a saddle for their customers. if you need the sides slightly shaved or a little bit dug out to offer a lower position they are able to accommodate. turn around time, if a seat needs to be customized, during the summer can be a couple or three months. just something to keep in mind.

there are several options as far as color, and leather finish -- smooth or textured -- available for the FZ6: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Yamaha FZ6 Fazer Motorcycles | 800-538-7035

hope this helps.

fridgebuzzz

Reaction score
fridgebuzzz.multiply.com
my girl pal and i both had our seats lowered. my pal had her seat cut to reduce the seat height. as for me, the mechanic did something to the fork (edited: or was it, shock?) and somehow the whole bike was lowered. we are both ~150cm tall. :rolleyes:

corbin looks like a better alternative! :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I met up with a local member "Chaching" last weekend. He lowered his seat without a kit or spending a single dime. He mentioned something like pinching some of the cushion off, and restapling the cover back on but not exaclty sure how he did it. I actually sat on his bike, thinking that there would be no cushion at all. I was surprised as hell, as it was heck of a lot more comfortable than my seat, which is totally stock. Not sure if the '08's have softer seats, but his dandy work definately lowered the bike and made the seat much more comfortable. Save your money and see how he did first.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have the Yamaha FZ6 lowered seat fitted and if so what do you think of it?

Steve
Hi Steve,

They do do a stock lowered seat. I am trying to source the correct part number for a fellow forum member Dani.
There are two seat numbers listed.
dealer in Germany gave the following as a part number for an FZ6S2 lower seat (3cm lower) ZUB-FZ6SI-TZ-S2. 2nd part number: ZUB-FZ6SI-TZ-BA
They Stealership was meant to call me yesterday but, of course they didn't.
They also do a suspension lowering kit to.

Nelly

ChromeX

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an appointment at Corbin - California shop 7/16.
I previously ordered the seat over the phone but can't wait for their production schedule... 4 weeks +. Overall I think this is going to be a better way of doing it. They tell me a a point in manufactur I can actually go out and ride and see how it feels... if any needs modifying they can do, then they cover. I'm not getting any thinner so am looking for a modification to their standard width at the rear of drivers seat to widen for a bit more support but still keep the front narrow, the passenger part I'll keep the same but may ask if they can make a piece to fit on top of that in a way to accomodate the girlfriend with the bonie butt!
I have a corbin on the CBX and just love it. I'm expecting the same from this one.
Maybe I'll take some pics of them building it...
Keep you posted.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW... this is an old thread resurected.

I have had the lowered seat on for several months now and it has made a massive difference to the bike. It is not available in the States.

Bagster is another maker of FZ6 seats and they look great.

I have only heard bad things about the FZ6 Corbin seat. Too slippery, to much lean from back to front. It is only what I have heard, I do not have one myself.

Steve

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are photos of the stock seat and the lowered seat.

The lowered seat appears to be made of the same material as the stock but is more rounded and is miles more comfortable.

Steve :Sport:

mojan

Reaction score
Visit site
So Steve, were you ever able to get a part # from the Yamaha dealer in Germany, so perhaps we could get it in the states? I haven't checked the forum in a while, so perhaps this has already been addressed. Thanks.

BobSchmickle

Reaction score
Visit site

I have had the lowered seat on for several months now and it has made a massive difference to the bike. It is not available in the States.

I have only heard bad things about the FZ6 Corbin seat. Too slippery, to much lean from back to front. It is only what I have heard, I do not have one myself.

Steve

So how much would you charge to get a seat and ship it to the US?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in the process of trying to get one from Germany myself. The seat itself is about 200 Euros for the FZ6S2 and shipping is about 75+ Euros. I am trying to see if I can get it cheaper or have my sister bring it to me from Germany. I'll keep everyone posted. It is certainly much more expensive than the comfort seat that we can get here for under retail.

Guitar Man

Keep moving!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
I did'nt know they had that seat either. I think I would just take in and have it shaved down first. I like mine the way it is. My knees get a little cramped on longer rides and the extra bend from the lower seat would probably be worse on them. I'm 6' by the way.

billm

Reaction score
Visit site

Steve

Mine (2004) had a pretty new Corbin seat on it & I hated it! It was slippery & extremely hard! They probably have different cover material, but, like I said - it was a brick.:shakehead: So a guy w/an '05 wanted to trade or buy just that seat from the seller. I contacted him & made an even trade - he paid all shipping costs. I was happy :Flash:
I have since done the same mod as "Chaching" by taking some of the foam from underneath instead of the top of the seat, thereby, eliminating sculpting. I tried it out this morning going to the gym & it really made the seat more comfortable!:thumbup: However, it didn't lower it any! Oh, well guess I'll live w/it.:D

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, after months of exploring and looking into was of getting this seat, I finally received the lowered seat from Germany a couple of days ago. Fit was perfect as it should be - it is made by Yamaha. The cover seems to be of a different material. The seat IS lower and I feel it most when backing into spaces. Have not tried yet to put on center stand and take it off while on the seat. The seat is very comfortable, but I ride in the city and my rides are all less than 10 miles. Cost was $355 after conversion. Overall, very happy with it. I am 5'8" with 30" inseam.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, after months of exploring and looking into was of getting this seat, I finally received the lowered seat from Germany a couple of days ago. Fit was perfect as it should be - it is made by Yamaha. The cover seems to be of a different material. The seat IS lower and I feel it most when backing into spaces. Have not tried yet to put on center stand and take it off while on the seat. The seat is very comfortable, but I ride in the city and my rides are all less than 10 miles. Cost was $355 after conversion. Overall, very happy with it. I am 5'8" with 30" inseam.

If you have any pictures, I think a lot of us would be interested in seeing more of it! Congrats on your new seat!:thumbup:

Last edited: