I must be NUTS! 22 State Ride?!

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
This route would hit every state west of the Mississippi except Arkansas and Louisiana (which I hit last year) and Wisconsin and Illinois east of the Mississippi.

I hope to do this ride this summer.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was going to ask how long that was going to take. Still 10 days, upwards of 6000 miles is a lot of riding and fatigue. Not sure what your riding abilities are (endurance) But I wish you luck on that ride.

-bryan

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Insane?? You kidding me?? You're lucky in my book! If everything goes as planned I'm hoping to do a similar (alas shorter) 6-7-day 4-5000mile ride myself! :thumbup:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
My experience is this:

Last may:

10 states in 8 days, 2100 miles.

Last August:

Dallas and back in 47 hours. Not an iron butt, but close. We did 740 in 23 hours.

This is still very early planning, but that was my latest map play.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Insane :confused:.... Do hear voices in your head ??? Do you have a funny twitch ??? Do you get the urge to kill ??? :eek: :D... No !!! Then your not Insane , you have however made this Aussie very very jealous :spank: :thumbup: Go forth and ride , take bucket loads of pic's and share your Epic adventure :rockon:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Insane :confused:.... Do hear voices in your head ??? Do you have a funny twitch ??? Do you get the urge to kill ??? :eek: :D... No !!! Then your not Insane , you have however made this Aussie very very jealous :spank: :thumbup: Go forth and ride , take bucket loads of pic's and share your Epic adventure :rockon:

LOVE ALL THE SMILEYS!

I am still in early planning, but really wanna see monument valley and the Pacific ocean at least.

Stay tuned!

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Kenny. What is your goal? If it's just to log miles then your California leg is okay in both maps, but damn you're missing out on some great roads in exchange for long, boring old I-5 and 101.

If you could just get a little more West and ride up HWY 1 you will not be disappointed. I would hate to see you come all this way and just hit the commuter roads.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I agree with Kenny. What is your goal? If it's just to log miles then your California leg is okay in both maps, but damn you're missing out on some great roads in exchange for long, boring old I-5 and 101.

If you could just get a little more West and ride up HWY 1 you will not be disappointed. I would hate to see you come all this way and just hit the commuter roads.

*posting via HTC*

when I am back on a PC I will have to check this out. I do wanna ride up the coast.

Also, any suggestions on a good beach for swimming/sunning?

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
that looks like a good ride. Just make sure to leave a day or two extra incase something happens! also I would like to meet up with you when you come through the Seattle area