rizoma sportline grips

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i have searched and read the other posts and everyone seems very happy with these so i ordered a pair,just read that they are 119mm in length,which is alot longer than stock grips do you have to move throttle linkage up or something? also i have ordered the flush fit end weights i have read about a gap on some bikes is this likely to be a problem for these ends? any step by step fitting guides would be appriciated. cheers......

Last edited:

drkester_dmd

Reaction score
Visit site
ok so i have searched and read the other posts and everyone seems very happy with these so i ordered a pair,just read that they are 119mm in length,which is alot longer than stock grips do you have to move throttle linkage up or something? also i have ordered the flush fit end weights i have read about a gap on some bikes is this likely to be a problem for these ends? any step by step fitting guides would be appriciated. cheers......

I Just Installed these grips too. 1st I used the stock handlebars and yes these grips are longer than the OEM's and you cannot install the Rizoma barends if you got one. So I suggest to replace your handlebars preferably Rizoma's too so your are free to adjust the throttle, making a new hole underneath the new handlebar to fit the throttle stopper. Otherwise if you use the OEM handle bar then you have make a new hole so you can adjust the throttle pushing it inward to accommodate the Sportline grips but you have to use the OEM bar ends which is threaded as the OEM handlebars have threaded ends, not cool looking though, the rizoma bar ends are neat and adds more bling to it..:rolleyes:
Hope this helps..

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
really i dont think the other riders had to change the bars and have seen many with the rizoma set including sportlines and barends on original bars. HELP SOME1 !!!!!!!!!!!

drkester_dmd

Reaction score
Visit site
really i dont think the other riders had to change the bars and have seen many with the rizoma set including sportlines and barends on original bars. HELP SOME1 !!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2005 FZ6, its OEM handle bar ends are threaded, yours might be later models like 07 etc which I am not familiar, maybe you can check by 1st removing your bar ends if its not threaded then your safe, if it's threaded then you have to ues the OEM bar end or change your handlebar, or buy a nice threaded barend, the stock barends really don't look good on the sportline billet grips.:thumbup:
cheers..

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks friend but i think i may post this on technical,im shure boneman didnt change his bars,ive got a 09 s2 and im shure the bar ends screw in,thats not the problem though, just want to make shure i can fit the grips with no modding to the linkage setup,the rubber insert on the bar ends should just secure up anyway! ( correct me if im wrong)

mercm3

newbie still dammit
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 04 with rizoma grips and they fit just fine with oem bars,took all of 15 minutes to get them on. Worse part was getting the old grips off.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Have Rizoma grips and bar end using stock handlebar on my 05 FZ6 and they work together fine.

Some issues with the throttle side, but ended up having to used some washers to help extend the expanding rubber insert further into the handlebar.

The Rizoma bar ends use expanding rubber inserts (include 3 different sizes) instead of a threaded end.

More info here: http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/14199-rizoma-grips-bar-ends.html

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks boneman,sorry i put this up on technical as well you can remove, in the pics the rizomas actually look the same length as oem,did you have to move the linkage further up the bar to compensate length? sorry but where do i actually put the washers on the bar ends if im correct is it before the rubber and did you use the largest size rubber in kit? my barends are the flush fitting type. thanks in advance.

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading the threads from Boneman and CChouseky I ordered my Rizoma grips and bar ends from Pj's parts tonight,cant wait to get 'em :thumbup:

Last edited:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After reading the threads from Boneman and CChouseky I ordered my Rizoma grips and bar ends from Pj's parts tonight,cant wait to get 'em :thumbup:
How much for freight to Oz Mick?

Mike and I are both thinking of them for ours - my FZ6 and his Speed Triple.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
try cjmoto.com free shipping worldwide
We've just ordered bar ends for the Speed Triple from cjmoto.com.

Only a few dollars more expensive than PJ's - but free worldwide delivery - well under the US$30 delivery for PJ's. Makes up for it.

I'll probably buy bar ends and sportline grips for mine once they come in.

Cheers!

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
the rizoma grips are a1 but the bar ends are crap- honestly dont live up to rizoma quality, crap fit- crap finish just stick with stockers.