Adaptive Snocross & Doug Henry

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Many of you I'm sure have heard of Doug Henry. From 1997 to 2007 my dad was a Yamaha dealer. I was not old enough to go to the dealer meetings, however my dad went to numerous ones and brought back signed posters by Yamaha factory riders. Among those were numerous ones signed by Doug Henry. One key thing that I noticed never changed every time my dad talked about meeting him. He never let the fame get to his head. My dad said he is one of the most down to earth people he has ever met. I have had a few idols in racing one was Doug Henry one was Jeremy McGrath, one was Travis Pastrana. I watched as Doug Henry became the first person to win a motocross race on a 4 stroke mx bike. I watched as he became an amazing supermoto racer. And I also saw as he became a paraplegic in 2007:( That day I saw one of my idols life and career turned upside down. Here in 2010 I sit watching the Xgames and they showed a new sport. Adaptive snocross. Henry is back to racing! This gives a whole new meaning to amazing!

A few pics of Henry through the years:
henry-RA9.jpg

YZM400F_600.jpg

52713256.2005BestofMXNationalsSouthwick100EOS1D3D9F6838DougHenrySouthwick.jpg

doughenry.jpg