How can I fit a rear wheel of FZ1 2007 to FZ6 S2 2008?

pavlaras1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I have a Yamaha FZ6 S2 ABS Fazer 2008 and I wanna use the rear wheel of a Yamaha FZ1 ABS Fazer 2007.
Is it fit?
What do i need to fit it?
Is anything that i should know before the mod?
:)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if it will fit. The FZ1 is a 190 rear... rather wide for the FZ6 swingarm. I doubt there's enough room without some engineering to replace the FZ6 swingarm with the FZ1 swingarm and shock.

Tough one!

pavlaras1

Reaction score
Visit site
At this moments i read the service manual of the FZ1 and FZ6 and seeking the differents between this two wheels :)
The only different that i see is that the FZ1 rear wheel is that the rim size is 17x6 and the FZ6 is 17x5.5.
The different is at the moment only in 0.5 inch in the outer shell and not in the internal shell or else in the center of the wheel.
I dont know yet if the size of the axle is the same or different?
The 0.5inch is 1.25cm is not any problem the 1 or 2 cm because left and right of the swingarm i have more than 2cm space total.
Also i use at this time tire with 190 from a friend that has FZ1 but i wanna use also and the same rim of FZ1 :)

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know about the wheel but you can put a 190 in place of the 180. There can depending on the manufacturer, type carcass as well as other design factors, be a difference in the profile of the tread because you're putting a 190 usually fitted to a 6 in. wide wheel on a 5.5 in. wheel. They say it might be an issue if your tracking the bike but I wouldn't put the bike on a track without track type rubber anyway. For most all other performance I don't think there would be a problem unless the profile was pretty distorted. You might experience a little difference in turn in.

So if you think about it, the rim width is going to be 1/4" wider on each side if you went with the 6" width wheel. The 190 tire will be 5 mm per side or approx 3/16" per side wider.

Rat

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for helpful comment, Motogiro!
I'm looking for rear rim+tire replacement for my FZ6R, original size is 160/60 ZR17.
Initially I thought about FZ6 180 rear but I like the R1 / FZ1 alternative... :rolleyes:

FZ6 and FZ6R have the same wheelbase, height, weight...
Will investigate that more - if such replacement makes sense and will not impact bike handling...

Last edited: