Buying a leather jacket for my wife

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a real cute jacket! Did you see all the customer reviews on it? They all said to buy a size larger....but with no exchanges or refunds I'd be cautious. Good luck

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you see all the customer reviews on it? They all said to buy a size larger....but with no exchanges or refunds I'd be cautious. Good luck

It looks like a split to me. Two reviews say it fits true, two reviews say is fits small, and one says it fits large.

The no exchange thing is the problem. She has a petite frame bit a bigger bust, wears a size 8-10.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Unless you are getting the medium, or extra large, the "deal" is not that great for no refunds. Try motorcyclesuperstore or amazon for more options on this jacket, for only $15 more you can return it if it doesn't work for her.
Very pretty jacket! You have good taste.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks a lot lytehouse :thumbup:

That site has some great deals too.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
they have the black one for 10 bucks more & it doesn't say "no returns"....

I think that the baby blue AGV is the one we're going to get. Thanks for all the responses. I had her try on my size 42 AGV jacket last night for sizing. It's not a surprise gift anymore, but she loves a good deal. :D

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I purchased that same jacket in pink, beautiful looks, but bad fit. I ordered a large, as the reviews said they run a little small. I have a bigger top so figured that the large would be best, my other jackets I have are mediums. I got the jacket (Paid full price) and I couldn't even zip it, and the sleaves were too long so getting the x-large wasn't an option. I ended up getting the Joe Rocket Aura in large, and the fit is perfect. Here is a link Joe Rocket Aura Ladies Leather Jacket - KneeDraggers.com

Good luck, hope I am not too late.

Boo

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
On-line shopping for certain items truly sucks because there doesn't seem to exist an industry standard for sizes. Even if the firm does accept exchanges, it means having to repack, get the correct RMO procedure, and then having to go to the appropriate shipper, pay, and probaby get the mandated insurance. Geesh, on-line shopping can be a hassle...unless you hit it right the first time. Too bad there can't be some kind of universal cross reference with regard to size, you know like an independent company or something that can help the consumer.

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Too bad there can't be some kind of universal cross reference with regard to size, you know like an independent company or something that can help the consumer.

I totally agree. Motorcyclesuperstore has a "no-hassle" return policy, but costs of shipping/repacking/manpower (not to mention the delay) sure seem at least a small hassle.

Draggin Jeans has a fantastic chart for pants that shows specific measurements other than waste and leg length. It's about the best sizing chart I've seen.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On-line shopping for certain items truly sucks because there doesn't seem to exist an industry standard for sizes. Even if the firm does accept exchanges, it means having to repack, get the correct RMO procedure, and then having to go to the appropriate shipper, pay, and probaby get the mandated insurance. Geesh, on-line shopping can be a hassle...unless you hit it right the first time. Too bad there can't be some kind of universal cross reference with regard to size, you know like an independent company or something that can help the consumer.
It is a pain. I tend to try the item or similar one by same manufacturer at a bike store, then search the net for the best price. Usually do ok using this method. Actually buy most of our jackets etc from the US - Riders Discount have been good for us. They've had good sizing charts too.