My very first motorbike will be a black FZ6 naked 2004

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hello everybody,

My name is Bram Lammens, 22 years young and from Belgium, I am new to this forum.
The reason I signed up is because in 2 weeks I will have my drivers licence.

Yesterday I bought a second hand black FZ6 naked from 2004 (19000km)
I am looking forward to it. You can't imagine how it is like to have a bike in the garage, and not be able to ride it for another 2 weeks. (or maybe you can ;)
I think I will ride circles around my house every day for the next 2 weeks

The reason I baught a FZ6 is because it looks very sportif without the racing-position, it sounds great and the price is very good. I'm in love!

All good and well...

Have you guys and woman have any tips for a complete new FZ6-rider?

Thank you.
I'm looking forward to share experiences with all of you.

Greetings

Bram L.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Hello everybody,

My name is Bram Lammens, 22 years young and from Belgium, I am new to this forum.

I am looking forward to it. You can't imagine how it is like to have a bike in the garage, and not be able to ride it for another 2 weeks. (or maybe you can ;)

The reason I baught a FZ6 is because it looks very sportif without the racing-position, it sounds great and the price is very good. I'm in love!

All good and well...

Thank you.

Greetings

Bram L.

Welcome aboard, Bram. Be careful on that bike and please make sure you get some motorcycle training.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the best tips I can give you is get good riding gear. Full face helmet, gloves, jacket, pants and tall boots (not the short ankle high ones). Practice, braking every ride, perhaps you can get to know some guys who have been riding for a long time who will help you master your skills.
Learn good skills now and you won't have to break bad habits later.
Good choice on your bike, have FUN!

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Bram..i know exactly how it feels..i bought a brand new suzuki Bandit 1 week before i took my test..and then FAILED ,had to wait a month to re-sit ..the bike had to be delivered instead of me riding it out of the shop.

Stay safe and get a credit card :thumbup:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Welcome Bram..i know exactly how it feels..i bought a brand new suzuki Bandit 1 week before i took my test..and then FAILED ,had to wait a month to re-sit ..the bike had to be delivered instead of me riding it out of the shop.

Stay safe and get a credit card :thumbup:

Ouch, talking about bad luck. 1 month is very long time if you are waiting for something.

Here in Belgium there are differen regulations.
I have to take 6 hours of practice with a school, and then I have a temporaly licence. So no exams had to be passed (except the theoretical one)

and then I have 1 year to pass the exam for the permanent licence.

So after 6 hours, I can drive on the road without passing any practical test.

A temporaly licence means that I cannot drive after 22:00, I have to stay in Belgium, and I can't take a passenger with me.
So the first few weeks, no bikerbabe who's mooning the cars behind me :don'tknow:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome Bram,are you on the french or the dutch speaking side??

anyway, I haven't had the chance to ride for about 3 months now, and I already know how it feels to have your own bike... only thing to do is to spend loads of cash on mods, then waking up every morning hoping its spring already... damn snow and ice everywhere, I hate winters.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
welcome Bram,are you on the french or the dutch speaking side??

anyway, I haven't had the chance to ride for about 3 months now, and I already know how it feels to have your own bike... only thing to do is to spend loads of cash on mods, then waking up every morning hoping its spring already... damn snow and ice everywhere, I hate winters.

Thanks.
I am from Oost vlaanderen (dutch speaking side)
Yes, it's very bad weather now. I hope all the snow will be melted in a few weeks.
Winter has lasted long enaugh for me. I had my fun, but now I can't wait for spring to come.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats... you made a lot of great decisions so far:

- you picked an FZ6
- it's naked
- it's black
- it's used

Now you just need some good gear, and you're set to go! :D

Post pics when you can!

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Hello everybody,

Thank you.

Greetings

Bram L.

Congratulations on getting your bike, Bram.... sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders! A good bike, and training, are important steps to being sucessful on a motorycle. The good gear will go a long way to making the learning process less painful, as well.

Saving money buying a used bike is quite smart..... spending what you saved, on good gear, is really a good idea. The personal gear is quite likely to last longer than the motorcycle, the boots, pants, and jackets are all made of very thick rugged materials. It makes sense to buy quality.

Yamaha motorcycles in general seem to have quite narrow engagement zones for the clutch... you get used to it quickly, but it is somewhat disconcerting at first. Don't worry too much about that. Remember to keep your head up, and eyes looking where you want to go, and you will do well.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Congratulations on getting your bike, Bram.... sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders! A good bike, and training, are important steps to being sucessful on a motorycle. The good gear will go a long way to making the learning process less painful, as well.

Saving money buying a used bike is quite smart..... spending what you saved, on good gear, is really a good idea. The personal gear is quite likely to last longer than the motorcycle, the boots, pants, and jackets are all made of very thick rugged materials. I makes sense to buy quality.

These were my thoughts exactely.
I saved some money on the bike, so I could spent it on quality-clothing.

here are some pictures of the bike and my gear.
the most expensive thing was the helmet. (I think it protects the most precious part of the body and should not cut cost there)

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I applaud your choices. Naked bikes make more sense for a first bike, as well.... if/when they should fall, there is less damage to repair. Crash bobbins, or engine guards are also a very wise precaution to take.... and they make much more sense going on the bike ASAP than waiting til later.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I visited Brugge in December for the Xmas markets etc..you have a very pretty country (and lots of FZ6's)..im thinking of riding there this summer with the Wife for a weekend break

The bike and gear look great :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on such a great choice for a bike, be careful with it and have fun, ride safe and get gear and you will be all set for a long time on it.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody,

All good and well...

Thank you.

Greetings

Bram L.

:welcome: to the forum Bram. Great to hear you bought a FZ6 :thumbup: IMO I think the faster red is good looking, but the "stealth" black comes in a close second :rockon:
Wait until the snow/cold is over and then really enjoy your ride :cheer:

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you.

Greetings

Bram L.

Don't fall dude... Don't rub another man's rhubarb... Don't date a girl that says bitchin'... and never ever whatever you do... Don't ever feed them after midnight...

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Good choice! Good looking bike... Here is mine..
mybike2.jpg

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Bram
Good call with the bike fella :thumbup:
Exact same as mine,'04N

FZ62.jpg

Not seen that sort of mini cowl above the headlight on yours before?

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Hi Bram
Good call with the bike fella :thumbup:
Exact same as mine,'04N

FZ62.jpg

Not seen that sort of mini cowl above the headlight on yours before?

Nice bike!

I like the fazer grill.

I haven't seen that mini cowl before either. It was installed by the previous owner. But I like it. It stays on :D

And so does the aluminium lights (used for turning left or right, I don't know the right word for it in English)