I dare you to go for a ride this weekend?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard it's kind of cold in the midwest, anyone interested in breaking the forum record for riding in the coldest temp?

Please provide pics if you decide to venture out.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
It's 9 degrees (F) right now and I just got done snowmobiling for the day. I'm frozen solid and I couldn't possibly imagine riding my bike right now. At least the snowmobile has a bit more wind protection than my FZ6.

Gcontroller

Reaction score
Visit site
I was sweating on the way home tonight. Whew 62 degrees. Wearing to much gear. Even had to put the grip heaters on low. To warm.

Just having some fun stay safe out there.

Denver_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Driveway is clear but neighborhood roads are still snow packed and main roads are salted and sanded. I did spark plugs and TBS on another bike Saturday and was considering a run up the driveway and into the garage, but nah, that would just be cruel. :(

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's 26F here in Maryland. I could get to one of those banks that have that LED signs that flashes the time and temp and snap a pic.

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's too cold for me but John just got back from taking the fiz out. We got the Pazzo's installed today! If it hits 50, I'll "think" about it!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I road this afternoon. I bundled up and put in about 30 miles. It was a 47 chilly degrees. I accidently grabbed my perf gloves, not my solid leather ones. Burrrrrr, but not too bad. I rode a safe pace in the twisties and simply enjoyed being on my bike.

Oh, the temp was from the air temp reading on the cluster, so it coulda been warmer or cooler. The motor never got warmer than 163 the whole ride, and that included a couple of trips into the triples. :)

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I took my bike out just before the snow hit here in england,then it was -8c
in Scotland it hit nearly -21c/-5.8f :eek:

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
34 degrees today before the wind chill... was colder when I picked the bike up
I NEEDED that ride been a month

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On Sunday I went riding with a buddy and it was 45 Degrees and cloudy. I just installed my speedoHealer and wanted to test it out. -11.1 seems to be pretty close. I really like the -1 on the front sprocket. Very nice. Now for the bad news. I have to have surgery. I tore my labrum and rotator cuff in my right shoulder. I will be out 5-8 months. :eek::spank: Looks like my winter mods will have to wait.