Chatterbox XBi bluetooth system

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, this is a late write up as the unit has been broken for over a few months now...

Initially the Unit consisted of ChatterBoxUSA XBi Open Face Kit which includes the bluetooth device, headphones, a mouthpiece and a mounting kit for a full face helmet. The unit can connect to most cell phones (my blackberry) or up to one other bluetooth helmet with decent battery life of at least several hours of constant use.

The kit comes with velcro to install both the speakers and mouthpiece but when putting the helmet on an off they fall off too easily so I had to take out my helmet padding, cut it open and have my g/f sew the speakers into the ear padding which made the installation comfortable and secure while still being able to hear at 60mph (without strong crosswinds).

The unit claims to be water resistant, though I never tested it in the rain (too expensive at over $200).

Overall I was happy wiht the unit until is suddenly stopped holding a charge. The information included with the kit advised problems with the warranty to contact ChatterboxUSA via email but after a few weeks of no response I begain calling... still no response. Eventually they unit was not longer under warranty and the ridding season had ended here in upstate NY so I gave up. Im not sure my experience can hold true for all chatterbox products but at least beware of the lack of customer service.