Quick Tire Poll

Which Tire have you gotten the best millage out of???

• Sportec M3 Supersport

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Battlax BT-014

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlax BT-015

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battlax BT-016

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Conti Sport Attack

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Michelin Pilot Road

Votes: 50 75.8%

• Total voters

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
From any of the listed, please select which tire gave you the most tread life and let me know the tire and number of miles.

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I only had the stock dunlops on for about 5000km? and they were already on about 1 mm..and they sucked, slippery on wet roads.

Currently 3500km's on my pilot road 2's, love em, more grip in dry&wet conditions..

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to broaden your tire selection, there are a lot that are missing. I myself upgraded from the 020's to the 021's and couldn't be any happier. It also depends on many factors, type of riding i.e. street, track, twisties, highways, etc. Two up also affects mileage and handling.
020's lasted 8K-9K only due to under inflated tires (yeah, I know it's my fault). Only logged 3K on the 021's and still looks brand new without the brand new skiddish feel.
I would like to try out dual purpose tires next time. I don't think I will be buying any of the tires mentioned in the selection (just my $0.02).

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
i have had 4 sets of michelin pilot roads and they lasted 16k, 18k, 23k and 25k ... so to me they are all long lasting, the higher mileage numbers were achieved on mostly constant speed highway runs

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
it was not all on this fz6, 16k was on a Kawi 750 and the other 3 mileages were on a super heavy bike a ST1300... that ST it currently has 95k on it. The FZ6 is commuter and track days so its current shoes are Pilot Power 2CT's. They are gummed up on the edges a bit from the track day I did last year but plenty of life left for commuting duties. It currently has approx 6k on it and is not dead yet, not even on the wear bar.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You need to broaden your tire selection, there are a lot that are missing. I myself upgraded from the 020's to the 021's and couldn't be any happier. It also depends on many factors, type of riding i.e. street, track, twisties, highways, etc. Two up also affects mileage and handling.
020's lasted 8K-9K only due to under inflated tires (yeah, I know it's my fault). Only logged 3K on the 021's and still looks brand new without the brand new skiddish feel.
I would like to try out dual purpose tires next time. I don't think I will be buying any of the tires mentioned in the selection (just my $0.02).

+ 1 on the boaden your tire selection.

If you scroll though the tire tech forum, I believe you could find your answer there, as many of us have already posted our mileage by tire type. Plus, many have pics, what the tire looked like after all those miles. I myself have submitted a couple of reviews with pics.

But again, the biggest disparity you will find between tire life will be the rider's riding style and weight. Plus proper tire pressure.

04efi

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys ill look into and at more tires. I do understand about riding conditions and style effects all of it just want some general info.

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys ill look into and at more tires. I do understand about riding conditions and style effects all of it just want some general info.

i find tire wear on the rear is almost completely dependent on how hard you are on the gas, if your always hard on the gas accelerating u're going to burn it up quick ... case in point? i got 9k on 1 set of Metzelers Z6's mostly interstat'ish like roads and constant speeds ... another set that I replaced it with ? the rear was DONE like COMPLETELY DONE at 3k 'cuz i went to the gap on it and completely tore it up with on and off throttle the whole time and when i was getting on the throtte ? i was opening it up hard...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm riding a little more on the sides of my tire cuz my front is starting to get a pointy profile. I haven't been keeping track of mileage but the Bridgestone BT-021's have been great for me but because I do a lot of twisty stuff I'm going for a set of BT-016's next. Also friends I ride with get good results from the 016's as far as stickiness...

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'm riding a little more on the sides of my tire cuz my front is starting to get a pointy profile. I haven't been keeping track of mileage but the Bridgestone BT-021's have been great for me but because I do a lot of twisty stuff I'm going for a set of BT-016's next. Also friends I ride with get good results from the 016's as far as stickiness...
my friends all tell me the 16 is good only as a dry tire you hit any rain and it doesn't like it at all ...

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Metzeler Roadtec Z6's got me almost 13k miles rear and I had probably another 3k on the front but pulled it so I wouldn't have to worry about swapping tires two times in a short period.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli Corsa III's - best tires I've ever owned. I got about 2,700 out of the back, then I caught a screw in it. I would have gotten 6,000+ otherwise. The front is still good, but it will be replaced prior to my next track day in March.

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
1st set of Bridgestone BT-020: 13,000 km
2nd set of Bridgestone BT-021: 35,000 km

Am I going to buy the 021's again? You bet! I've used them in heavy rain, gravel, lots of 2UP riding, and below zero temps with great success. IMHO, the best moto tire out there, especially for the price.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Broaden your selection, as Pirelli has many good tires, as does Bridgestone, Metzler, Continental, Michelin, etc.

Dual compound "touring" tires will last longer than single compound super sport tires, but will give up a little in grip during max cornering and may not hold up to track days that well. But on the reverse, super sport tires may not like rain and colder weather, something a touring tire is designed for. Buy a tire that fits your riding style and weather you will likely encounter.

Do not go ultra cheap on tires, those two small contact patches are (hopefully) going to help keep the shiny side up. And to me, saving $50 or so is not worth the risk.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
You didn't include the Conti Road Attacks, they're dual compound so are quite durable, a lot more so then the conti sport attacks.

I get about 15,000 - 20,000 km per set.