OEM Parts (Screws)

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
While washing my bike after a rain here in Southern California, I noticed that I was missing a couple screws. One under the rear fender that holds the license plate fairing and another screw on the left side of the front fender fairing.

Does anyone know where I can buy those screws online?

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I lost one of the bolts that holds the tank down at the front (because I was stooopid and only hand tightened it). My local Yamaha dealer ordered a new one. Took a week and broke the bank at 54p. Therefore I suggest you call your dealer and ask them if you can have their suppliers contact details.

(OK not very helpful but it was the best I could do. Shouldn't ask me for help, I break my bike every time I go near it with a spanner)

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
ronayers is great if you need big stuff or a lot of parts... but for a few bolts go to your local yamaha dealer.

ronayers has standard $9 shipping... $9 shipping for some bolts?! maybe if it was $9 2nd day air... but it's regular snail mail and they usually take atleast a few days to process.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
THANKS!!! This rocks (assuming that 2006 is the same as 2007).

Not everything is the same.

But there are other sites (the addresses to which are escaping me right now) where you can look up the part # and then do a part # search on ronayers.com....ronayers usually has the lowest prices on OEM parts (from my experience)

thatguy makes a good point about shipping costs...I don't recall their shipping policy.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I would hit up the hardware or auto parts store, the auto store will be more apt to have metric though.

that is what i always do. If you have another bolt/screw that is the same size (like from the otherside) bring it with you and get stainless. <best you can buy!

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
that is what i always do. If you have another bolt/screw that is the same size (like from the otherside) bring it with you and get stainless. <best you can buy!

+1

I've mentioned this before and got my hand slapped :eek:

I'm gonna work my way round my bike and replace as many of those cheap nuts and bolts as possible.... Much to Magseals disgust :Flip:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
+1

I've mentioned this before and got my hand slapped :eek:

I'm gonna work my way round my bike and replace as many of those cheap nuts and bolts as possible.... Much to Magseals disgust :Flip:

LOL! yeah i lost the two bolts that hold down the tank, and when i went to the hardware store they had black allen head bolts, so i bought them..... they rusted in a matter of days so i went back and bought stainless and they are still shiny and new!