The day off in Voskresensk, Russia.

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Voskresensk is the town not far from the capital of Russia, it is located about 50 miles from Moscow. Few months ago, we visited Voskresens just to see the town, to ride there and to spend time. So, there are some pics from Voskresensk below. I hope, you'll enjoy it.

Here we go.

The point of our meeting

A helicopter. we visited the local aero club.

There is a main attraction of Voskresensk on the background. This is a heap of chemical waste. The local factory of chemical fertilizer drops here waste products. Peaple call that heap "THE WHITE MOUNTAIN". There are a lot of peaple who have carcinoma in Voskresensk due to The White Mountain. Where is greenpeace, i do not know.

On the top of The White Mountain

Town view from the top

The truck behind us was waiting 5 minutes while we took a picture)))

to be continue...

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, here are some pics as well

a road to the sand mine

This enormous machine takes sand and put it to an open freight car

It is a very enormous machine, is not it? By the way, you can see machines like that in the Discovery channel.

A walking excavator. it is very big as well.

Riding on sand

And the result of riding on sand))))

A hard day's night

Last edited:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Some really cool pics. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Take it easy and I'm sure we all look forward to more pics like those on your next trip.

Take care.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for posting the pictures and report. You mentioned that the White Mountain is a hazardous waste dump, but your group rode on top of it. Are you concerned about your health from the exposure?

Oh, it is always nice to see women out riding as well.

westgoingzax

I ride a motorcycle
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Those machines are HUGE! You guys look like ants next to them.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for sharing, nice pics.

I wouldn't like that chemical waste on my doorstep :eek: and that sandmover looks like something out of Star Wars ;)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dan,
Thank you for sharing your ride with us! :rockon:

Cool machinery!

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
... You mentioned that the White Mountain is a hazardous waste dump, but your group rode on top of it. Are you concerned about your health from the exposure?

Yes, it was a little bit scare to climb on the Mountain. But we were told, there is no any hazard for health if you be on the top little time.

Dennis in NH said:
... Nice. The (Russion?) women look pretty cute.

Yes, they are russians))) There are a lot of pretty women in Russia.
Russian men got lucky)))) (too many word "russia" in the one sentence)

Last edited:

Kiko_Chan88

Reaction score
Visit site

It's nice to see some pictures of Voskresensk; since the last time I was in Voskresensk was when I was adopted back when I was 4 and a half (now im 24). Going back to Voskresensk is probably the #1 thing I'd LOVE to do before I die. I know practically nothing about my family history and I have been wanting to learn and find more out but I'm not really sure where to start or even where to look. I'd be extremely grateful if someone could send me a message and maybe help me out or let me know.

Thank you~

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
Kiko_Chan88,
It is prohibited by law in Russia. No one has the right to reveal this information to you. Some activists struggle against this law. Maybe some day it will be changed. The only way to solve this issue now is giving bribes, but I would not say that the odds is 100%. If you are lucky then you will find a man who agrees to take money. I hope you understand that it is prohibited even to offer money...I don't think that you have a strong desire to find out what Russian prisons look like...

I am sorry.