pa running light law?

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if running lights are required during the day in pa? I'm going to buy a pair of watsen flushmounts with the running light adapter and they say there not bright enough for daytime use. So I would like to know how often I should plan on getting pulled over if at all.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Probably no more often than you will for the flush mounts (probably unlikely)..... there's a minimum DOT spacing between the turn signals... that's why the rubber stalks are there in the first place.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably no more often than you will for the flush mounts (probably unlikely)..... there's a minimum DOT spacing between the turn signals... that's why the rubber stalks are there in the first place.

I knew the spacing law not to worried about that. I just cant find it saying running lights are required. State law just says your aloud to add more and thought maybe some one on here would have more info.

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, they really aren't required anywhere. My BMW didn't have running lights up front on it from the factory. Only had a city light along with the headlight when running (and you can't see the city light when the headlight is on). Marker lights only lit up when the turn signals were on. You'll be fine.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Pennsylvania state motorcycle laws

This seems pretty difinitive. The AMA site I have provided the link to says PA does not require turn signals at all.

I used the pull down menu to change states to Oregon, and the laws do indeed change, and seem to match my understanding of what is legal here.

My only suggestion in addition to this reference would be to check with the people who do vehicle inspections and ask them what they would or would not 'pass'. Seems that would be where the greatest impact would occur.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link and as far as inspection stations go my dad has been friends with the guy that owns the garage I take my to for years so not a problem there.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Running lights aren't required here, just the headlight. Nor are turn signals, but you'd indicated you're covered as far as inspections.

Can't see many of the flush mounts during the day anyway.