Crampbuster

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was searching around for a throttle locking cruise control and stumbled across this little gadget , just wondering if anybody has used one or heard any first hand reviews ???

CrampBuster - The Original Motorcycle Cruise Control

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsEdD05zFxk]YouTube - Crampbuster - Inexpensive Motorcycle throttle[/ame]

W

wrightme43

Love them. I have one on both sides, and dont like riding without them anymore. Just be careful when you first get them on. It changes the way the throttle feels, you end up with more control but it takes getting used to.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Love them. I have one on both sides, and dont like riding without them anymore. Just be careful when you first get them on. It changes the way the throttle feels, you end up with more control but it takes getting used to.

Do you have/prefer the narrow or wide style Crampbuster?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I completely agree with Steve. I've had one on every bike I've owned and I couldn't ride without one!

And he's spot-on when he says be careful when you first put it on, or else you'll be like me and nearly shoot your FZ out from under you because the heel of your hand over-revved the throttle!

IMO, the FZ is the perfect bike for these because of the stiff and heavy throttle that it's got, compared to other bikes I've been on. I don't think I could ride my FZ for more than 20 minutes without one because my wrist, hand, and arm would become too fatigued.

A couple of guys I ride with have them, but take them off once they get in the twisties. Not me. I'm so used to mine that I use it all the time, even when I'm out carving corners. Once you get the feel of it on there, it's just like an extension of the bike.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have/prefer the narrow or wide style Crampbuster?

OMG_WTF, I've had both. Honestly, I liked the wide one better. It was more comfortable and didn't get in the way as much.

That being said, I've got the longer skinnier one on there now. The reason? I switched to Rizoma grips this summer and the wide one, which straps on with a velcro strap (and worked GREAT on the stock grips), doesn't want to grip as well on the Rizomas.

The skinnier ones don't strap on...they just clamp on the grip. The nice feature with this (which I never use, but some do) is that you can rotate it up and over the grip and out of your way (and out of use) once you get in the twisties and want to control the throttle with just your hand. Once you want to use it again, you just keep rotating it around the grip until you get it back into position.

*edit* Ok, so after watching the video above, I just realized that Crampbuster makes the wide one too. Hmm...now I've gotta go find one and I'll have the best of both worlds!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, the crampbuster is just a rest for your palm to assist in throttle control so you don't have to grip so tight all the time.

The Throttlemeiser is an actual cruise control that you set and can take your hand off the throttle to relax it. You deactivate it by twisting the throttle back a bit.

I have the thin crampbuster as does my wife. This is the first time we've used them this year and cannot understand why we didn't get them before!!! Love them!!!

W

wrightme43

I like the wide the best.

The throttlemeister is a cruise that will allow you to remove and totally relax your hand if you need to.

The crampbuster is a device that lets you use the heel of your hand to control the throttle. Basicly I dont grip the throttle as much as I just lay my hand on it. I would like to have both. The crampbuster is also a great tool for keeping your hands and arms loose and limber on the bars. Hope that makes sense.
Steve

W

wrightme43

Uh yeah what he said. LOL LOL

I was on the phone with QR open. LOL

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i guess its a full gone conclusion , all great reviews no complaints and it's cheap as chips :thumbup: Off to buy one this afternoon :D , i'd thank you all but individually but for some reason i dont have the little Thanks thingo , must be a small glitch since the crash :don'tknow:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
You will love it. I push mine all the way to the end of the grip so I still have that control closer if I need it. I wouldn't ride a long distance without it! :thumbup:

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Perhaps the best $10.00 I've spend on motorcycling!

You will love it. I push mine all the way to the end of the grip so I still have that control closer if I need it. I wouldn't ride a long distance without it! :thumbup:

couldent have said it better.. i used to ride all the time without and now that i have gotten used to it i notice it on just about any ride i go on without it anymore.. i doubt i would have made my iron butt without it..

for the $10.00 buy it and try it if you dont like it, it will probly be the cheapes mod you dont like.. but i am sure you love it.

RedFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't try the crampbuster, but I tried the kuryakyn universal throttle boss which is almost the same, I found that highway crossing is much more comfortable but the throttle is a bit touchy at very slow speeds + winter gloves.

Default.jpg

Kuryakyn Universal Throttle Boss :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
if your buying one for long trips, buy 2.

i tried one on each handlebar and it definitely made the FZ6 feel like a comfy cruiser, and it was much safer than resting the other on the tank in an unexpected case.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
doesn't work with the grip puppies, the cruiser version may work but so far now i have the throttle rocker II which has adjustable diameter

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one of the large crampbuster and have used it on several bikes. It works pretty good, but it does slip some.

I also put throttlemeisers cruise control on mine FZ6 which I like as well. Keeps the speed more consistant than a crampbuster, but the crampbuster lets you use your palm and relax you fingers some for a break, while the throttlemeister lets you relax your whole hand/arm. It's alot more expensive than the crampbuster.