Mod Help

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for everyone who helped me with my last post on FZ6 Sportbike :) My last question is, does anyone here know where i can get some good Flush Mounts for the front and back of my 07 FZ6, on top of that a pretty decent Fender Elimenator, Last but not least, does the front fairing on an R6 (or any year of an R6) fit on a FZ6. Soo many Questions. sorry lol.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I'd be amazed if the R6 fairing fit. The frame of the motorcycle is totally different. At the least, you'd have to make your own fairing bracket.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
FZ6 aftermarket parts galore here: Wild Hair Accessories

Why bother with an R6 faring..jsut get one of these:

METBottomFairingFZ6.jpg

TCPBottomFairingFZ604-06.jpg

As for flush mounts, I love my Watsens! They even have some cool new designs!

3-LED%2004%20R1.JPG

But the question has to be asked..if you're trying to make your FZ6 into an R6...just get an R6. I can understand what you're getting at about the FZ6 but you might have a hard time trying to acheive something that might never be. The FZ6 is what it is. I admit I wasn't a huge fan of the front end of my 05 FZ6 when I first bought it. My heart wanted and R6 or R1, but my neck, wrists and 35yr old body NEEDED the FZ6. Took a while, but it grew on me and now I love that you can see the whole engine rather than a bunch of plastic. We are lucky that you can mod and change almost everything on the FZ6; from it's looks to riding position and style.

For your situation I would go with:

- FE kit
- Flush mount signals
- Full front fraing and belly pan
- TCP Seat faring/cowel
- Aftermarket exhaust
- RIZOMA rearsets
- PUIG dark smoke windscreen
- Lower handlebar or even go clip on controls if you want a sportier riding position
- Shorty PAZZO levers (or equivalent)

That's about as "Sport bike" as one can get the ol FZ6.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as far as the wild hair accessories go, i have not seen any full fairings for the 07+'s and have been looking for those as well, the only place i can find them is on the EU yamaha site...