I need a Yamaha single seat cowel .. any ideas ?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

I'm trying to source a Dark blue Yamaha single seat cowel. I've searched high and low but can't seem to find a supplier. In the UK they only supply it in a lighter blue for the naked FZ6.

Any ideas ??

By the way, I do like the other versions on sale but think the Yamaha designed one would suit my bike best... I see Boneman has one and I think it looks really good .

Thanks in advance.

JC :thumbup:

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
What he ment to say was he has short arms but long pockets :Flip: lol ;)

You've all worked me out so well :p

Ok ok ... I need one that is cheap !!!!!!! $200+ canadian dollars plus shipping ... too much for a tight Northern monkey :)

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I found one on e-bay last summer but he wouldn't drop the £10 p+p so I told him where to get off ... It was only £50 aswell lol ... silly me :Im With Stupid:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well if you need...you can ship it to me here in Canada and I can forward it onto you over the pond?

Buy it off the Yammi Canada and ship it to my home address and then I can mail it to you. It would be no bother as I send stuff to my Sister in Bristol alll the time. If Yammi Canada won't authorize a UK purchase off their site, I could buy it for you, you send me the money, and then I ship it off to you. What ever you need.

Be more than happy to help if needed.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Well if you need...you can ship it to me here in Canada and I can forward it onto you over the pond?

Buy it off the Yammi Canada and ship it to my home address and then I can mail it to you. It would be no bother as I send stuff to my Sister in Bristol alll the time. If Yammi Canada won't authorize a UK purchase off their site, I could buy it for you, you send me the money, and then I ship it off to you. What ever you need.

Be more than happy to help if needed.

You're a true Gentleman Boneman ... I'll have look around first but I'll let you know if I'm stuck ...

Thank you :thumbup:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
You're a true Gentleman Boneman ... I'll have look around first but I'll let you know if I'm stuck ...

Wow..gonna have to frame this post and put it on my wall!! ;) Lol, been called a lot of things, but never a gentleman! I'm so misunderstood. hee hee.

Yeah keep me posted. I think I mentioned before that it would be nice to set up something like this between Canada/USA and the UK. Would greatly help out with the uncertainty of ordering stuff from abroad and possibly cut down on over inflated shipping costs from retailers as well as any customs/duty fees (as everything would be sent as a 'GIFT' ;)).

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thank you :thumbup:
Jonathan,
It is well worth a proper look at. The exchange rate for us is so good at the moment.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer the more aggressive look of the TCP cowl, but I'm concerned that it would become a bloody nuisance when getting my 29" inseam leg over it when getting on and off the bike...that's a struggle for me without a seat cowl. :eek: The Yamaha OEM cowl looks like it fits close to the seat, so may be a better option, even if I don't find it particularly attractive.
Does anyone have the Yamaha cowl on their lightning quick red one?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
One other nice thing about the Yamaha factory seat cowel...it's low/flat profile helps when using a tail bag or securing a back pack.

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
does the yamaha 06 seat cowl fit the 07? because im not a big fan of the TCP one. and ive been waiting for the yamaha one but no luck.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
It should as it just clamps onto the edges of the seat..and there were no changes made to shape of the seat for 07's. Might want to double check with your dealer or Yami site.

Hey if you buy one and for some reason it dosen't fit, I'm sure JONAC will buy it off ya! ;)