Sprayed my stock screen black

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was going to order a tinted screen for my bike but thought I'd try spraying the inside of my stock one first :)

Turned out pretty good I think and saved me a few quid... I might buy an Ermax screen in the summer but this will do for now.

watermark.php

watermark.php

I got the idea from SBN ... Some other fella suggested "Pactra RC250 outlaw black" polycarbonate coating. I found some on the net for about £6 so gave it a go. 10/10

If I was gonna do anything differently I wouldn't have scuffed the inside as much, infact I probably wouldn't have scuffed it at all !! You can slightly make out the scratches close up but only if you're looking for imperfections lol.

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I was going to order a tinted screen for my bike but thought I'd try spraying the inside of my stock one first :)

Turned out pretty good I think and saved me a few quid... I might buy an Ermax screen in the summer but this will do for now.

watermark.php

watermark.php

I got the idea from SBN ... Some other fella suggested "Pactra RC250 outlaw black" polycarbonate coating. I found some on the net for about £6 so gave it a go. 10/10

If I was gonna do anything differently I wouldn't have scuffed the inside as much, infact I probably wouldn't have scuffed it at all !! You can slightly make out the scratches close up but only if you're looking for imperfections lol.
I can't beleive you have an Alpine star logo on your tank (wana be racer)........

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't beleive you have an Alpine star logo on your tank (wana be racer)........

There's a story behind those stickers lol ..... :eek:

When I was fitting my jota bars I slipped with the wrench and put a tiny dent in the other side of the tank lol ... I searched for a small black sticker to cover it and thought I'd match both sides !! Bloody cowboy modder or what :)

And don't DIS the asteroids champion lol :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You don't have to justify track day fever to the rest of us mate lol.
I should have said that it looks like a good job to. RACE BOY LOL

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good,,,
im actually getting my stock screen tinted this week...just like a regular car window,,,if it doesnt look good then ill see what my other options are,,,when its done if its worth showing i'll post the pictures..

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just messing with ya, I actually thought my pulling of people on ferries was a master stroke.

Neil

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good,,,
im actually getting my stock screen tinted this week...just like a regular car window,,,if it doesnt look good then ill see what my other options are,,,when its done if its worth showing i'll post the pictures..
My stock screen is already tinted?

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
By the way ... I forgot to mention ... I can't see jack sh1t through it :thumbup:

Minor issue ... Its a wind blocker !!!

:Flip:

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site

watermark.php

watermark.php

Nice job jonac looks spot on,shame you cant see feck all through it lol

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Sweet job jonac!

BTW, this is for all the future people who will post, worry or complain about not being able to see through their screen; ask your self this....when was the last time you actually looked, or needed to look through, your lil wind screen!?!?!

It always makes me laugh when people are worried about not being able to see if they paint their screen or get a heavy tinited PUIG screen. Next time they go for a ride, they should count how many times they have to look DOWN through their screen!!! lol

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
looks good,,,

Your only option after that method will be to buy another new windscreen. Any adhesive application onto the clear plastic/acrylic windscreen is not advised.