Pod lights as the only front turn signals.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
This question is to anyone who has done the pod lights modification.

I don't like the front turn signals and would like to remove them and use the pod lights for turn signals instead. This would make the pod lights the only front turn signals.

So, in your opinion, will the pod lights be bright enough to be seen in daylight?

Priority 1 is safety.
Priority 2 is looking good.

Fred

crazy_canuck

Reaction score
Visit site
What year is your bike? Mine's a '06 so I'm going to replace the front signals with flushmounts (for traffic to my sides) and then do the pod lights only for signaling though (for traffic in front of me). That is when it gets a bit warmer. I already have the flushmounts and am sourcing the parts for the pod light modification.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
If you went with only pod lights as your front signals:

1. won't be legal
2. will not be visible to vehicles beside or on slight off angles to you. VERY DANGEROUS!!

I didn't like my stock signals either and replaced them with Watsen flush mounts:

DSCF1844.JPG

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I took a closer look at the pods on my 07. Part of the problem is that the interior of the pods is black plastic instead of mirrored chrome. So a lot of the light gets absorbed.

I don't like the front turn signals on the 07 mainly because they look like, if the bike were dropped, they'd do damage to their mounts on the inside of the fairing. And I'm using those mounting points for other things.

Looking in my junk drawer I found some low profile turn signals that I think I can reuse. I'll go that route at some point.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you went with only pod lights as your front signals:

1. won't be legal
2. will not be visible to vehicles beside or on slight off angles to you. VERY DANGEROUS!!

I didn't like my stock signals either and replaced them with Watsen flush mounts:

DSCF1844.JPG

those flushies looks awesome!!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took a closer look at the pods on my 07. Part of the problem is that the interior of the pods is black plastic instead of mirrored chrome. So a lot of the light gets absorbed.

I don't like the front turn signals on the 07 mainly because they look like, if the bike were dropped, they'd do damage to their mounts on the inside of the fairing. And I'm using those mounting points for other things.

Looking in my junk drawer I found some low profile turn signals that I think I can reuse. I'll go that route at some point.

why not do the pods and then get the mirrors that have the blinkers in them like the newer GSXR's

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
why not do the pods and then get the mirrors that have the blinkers in them like the newer GSXR's

I wanted that kind of setup but it doesn't work. I went to cycle gear and tried it on my FZ6, those mirrors are set to low and doesn't have the adjustment to move up.... it only swings in one direction. Too bad I really wanted those and be able to remove my front turn signals and install flush mounts. If anyone knows of a similar type that might work let us know, appreciate the input.:thumbup:

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted that kind of setup but it doesn't work. I went to cycle gear and tried it on my FZ6, those mirrors are set to low and doesn't have the adjustment to move up.... it only swings in one direction. Too bad I really wanted those and be able to remove my front turn signals and install flush mounts. If anyone knows of a similar type that might work let us know, appreciate the input.:thumbup:

i am pretty sure that ebay has "universal" ones that have the blinkers in them that might work.

eBay Motors: Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6S R1 BLUE INTEGRATED MIRRORS (item 320214203514 end time Feb-04-08 18:42:09 PST)

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone attach the Watsen LED turn signals to an '07 or '08 FZ6? Please share your photos if you can. The bike does not have a hole in the fairing in the newer models.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
i am pretty sure that ebay has "universal" ones that have the blinkers in them that might work.

eBay Motors: Yamaha FZR YZF 600 R6 R6S R1 BLUE INTEGRATED MIRRORS (item 320214203514 end time Feb-04-08 18:42:09 PST)

I thought these would be just the ticket, but no go. :(
I ordered a pair in a faux carbon fibre finish. They bolt right into the FZ6 mirror stalk mounting holes, but the mounting angle is too vertical for them; they would look great on an R6, but they need to angle down about 6" or so to "look right" on an FZ6. This would call for an angled base mount to drop the arms down. They also will not adjust towards the rider enough. The rubber cover at the base leaves large gaps on each side where the screen goes around the original mirror bases....don't try these, you will be disappointed.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought these would be just the ticket, but no go. :(
I ordered a pair in a faux carbon fibre finish. They bolt right into the FZ6 mirror stalk mounting holes, but the mounting angle is too vertical for them; they would look great on an R6, but they need to angle down about 6" or so to "look right" on an FZ6. This would call for an angled base mount to drop the arms down. They also will not adjust towards the rider enough. The rubber cover at the base leaves large gaps on each side where the screen goes around the original mirror bases....don't try these, you will be disappointed.

thats a shame.... i was hoping to get some integrated mirrors eventually.

H

HavBlue

I think that they look good but are not visible to all traffic.

I agree and this alone would keep me from doing it but the flush mounts and pod lights blinking at the same time would be very cool...