Clip on project

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been kicking this around in my head for the past days. I've got the LSL "street" bar coming in the next day or two. However I'd like to clean up the dash a bit. I bought a top clamp from an '04 FZ6 for $9.00 from eBay. My plan is to cut the risers off (Hack saw), file the stumps flush, sand as needed, bead-blast and finally powder coat it black.

The second part is finding a set of "high-rise" 43mm clip-ons. I don't want to buy new ones, but find something off of eBay.

About the only ones I know of that are 43mm and rise are SV650S'. Is anyone aware of any others out there?

Thanks! :Sport:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha!

Blackbird clipons ($30 on eBay) from several different years fit and have a good rise to them. There are other complications though...search around a little bit and you'll see.

Heli bars intended for a blackbird (Honda CBR1100XX)

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I found some Helibars for an 02 thru 08 VFR800 that will fit, but the things are $269.00 a pop! No used ones as of yet. They raise up an inch or so higher than the CBR1100XX Helibars. One of the differences between the 06 and 07 FZ is the fairing bottom is set a bit higher on the 07 and up so I'm not sure is the CBRs will clear the fairing opening.