First bolt on part - R&G Sliders

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm fairly mechanically inclined but I've never installed sliders before, all my other bikes always had engine guards installed on them or I installed them myself...so wasn't quite sure what went on during a slider install. It took me all of 5 mins to do the install on both sides (that includes me snapping pics, LOL ) and and took me that same amount of time to open the box and have a quick flip thru the instructions...simplest install ever...wish all mods were this easy...

original package...
IMG_0853.jpg

comparison of the original engine bolt versus the extended bolt and slider with the spacer cup in the middle...
IMG_0857.jpg

install the sliders and then torqued it to spec...
IMG_0856.jpg

and then voila slider installed...
IMG_0855.jpg

pic of the other side...
IMG_0860.jpg

course my bike is still picture perfect, only has 12 or 15km on it total at this point, too much crud on the road to ride more...

Woodarticulator

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great write-up and pics. I have Motovation sliders for my 2007 FZ6 but have to admit that I'm not all that happy with them. In particular I feel they're too short and the clutch-side slider will not protect the bottom of the generator cover.

Can you tell me how long the sliders are (from the frame) on each side and what made you choose R&G sliders? My brother has them for his Triumph and he loves them.

Thanks!

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
Great write-up and pics. I have Motovation sliders for my 2007 FZ6 but have to admit that I'm not all that happy with them. In particular I feel they're too short and the clutch-side slider will not protect the bottom of the generator cover.

Can you tell me how long the sliders are (from the frame) on each side and what made you choose R&G sliders? My brother has them for his Triumph and he loves them.

Thanks!
i got them 'cuz RG is a good brand (from what i have seen of crashes) and also because they had very long slider pucks...

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Still new is EXACTLY when you should be putting them on! Good job! :thumbup:

Welcome to the "wallet-crushing" world of the FZ6! ;)

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
meh in my book the FZ6 is cheap, I've sunk only about 1500 bucks into her for accessories and 'stuff' my ST1300 has about 6000 bucks in 'stuff' on her to make her a good 'tourer' ...

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
meh in my book the FZ6 is cheap, I've sunk only about 1500 bucks into her for accessories and 'stuff' my ST1300 has about 6000 bucks in 'stuff' on her to make her a good 'tourer' ...

I need to live a page in your book then if the FZ is Cheap...

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
haha i had intended to do alot more to it, but 'other' problems came up, busted car, etc. but at least i got the first 1500 installment for accessories done first ... dido my ST both bikes are paid for so they aren't goin anywhere, the monthly insurance cost is also paid for so no worries there i just ran out of cash this summer to do any more mods to it ... i did want your pipes tho at the beginning of the summer, but the toyota broke too many times ... i ended up getting a stock pipe off someone for the price of a bunch of happy meals and drilling the crap out of it so at least i made 'some' noise while i wait for pipes, LOL

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are on order,hubby is picking them up when he picks up his R1 front end on the 13th. His cost $1700 mine cost $60...hmmmm

chiller

Reaction score
Visit site
wait 1700 bucks? for an r1 ? that's a steal ... how bad is the damage / crash on it that he got one for 1700 bucks?