How to do a decent job and applying rim stripes

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
How to do a decent job at applying rim stripes

Hi, not sure if this has been addressed before. Those of you who has never applied rim tape before can benefit from this. if you are doing this, please do your lower back a favor by removing the wheels before applying the tape. why? the first time i did it i didn't bother taking the wheels off. bending down applying the tape when the wheel is vertical is not easy. also, unless you have a pair of steady heart surgeon hands, the tape will no doubt look like zig zag which looks horrible.

removing the tape is not easy either, it took me 3 hrs to do it. just for the rear wheel. anyways now i did it again, learned from my mistakes I did a better job this time. took me 30 mins. enjoy :rockon: btw rim tape is a very simple appearance mod but it looks awesome!

Last edited:
P

Perfj

Very nice job. However a little complicated to remove the wheel:D
Are you sure, that this color matches your bike. Now you are an expert, so next time will be even easier. :mikebike:

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice job. However a little complicated to remove the wheel:D
Are you sure, that this color matches your bike. Now you are an expert, so next time will be even easier. :mikebike:

actually the rear wheel is very easy to take off, if u have the tools.

- axle nut socket
- torque wrench and regular socket wrench
- two 12mm wrenches for chain adjustment

also when you put the rear wheel back, loosen the bolt that secures the rear brake line to the hugger. this will give you more play so it's easier to slide the rear caliper bracket back in. remember to grease the axle and other parts that rotate.

ya my bike is red and the stripes are reflective red. it looks yellow in the pic cuz of the flash. i have yet to remove the front wheel but will soon.

Last edited: