My first mod, simple but effective

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have found that my security chain key has started to scratch my handle bar brace. This is a really simple (I know stupid to) mod.

Its just a piece of oxygen tubing I got from work.
I heated it in boiling water for a bout 1 minute and slipped the key in.
It has moulded to the key and has stopped the scratching.

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I like to use those key chains that can come appart into two key rings. That way I detach just my bike key and put the other keys in my jacket. Then when I turn the bike off, I re-clip the bike key back to the main key chain. Works great.

3696080.jpeg

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I like to use those key chains that can come appart into two key rings. That way I detach just my bike key and put the other keys in my jacket. Then when I turn the bike off, I re-clip the bike key back to the main key chain. Works great.

Same here, but on another note my spare key came with a sleeve over it similar to yours Neil, i will assume yours didn't or you would have used that.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

3696080.jpeg
Good Job, I haven't seen them over here. I have to use a neck thingy, this is all the keys I use on a daily basis.

Garage Key
Ground Anchor Key
Security chain Key
Disc lock Key
Office door Key
Front Door Key
Locker Key

I feel like a friggin jailer lol

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Same here, but on another note my spare key came with a sleeve over it similar to yours Neil, i will assume yours didn't or you would have used that.
Got my bike second hand, no cover on the other keys. Bollocks and there was I thinking I had invented something to further the human race.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well just ignore my post and we'll put you in for the Noble :D
Yesssssssss I can see it now, Nobel prize for reducing much stress caused by tarnished aluminium and reduced repetetive strain injury from trying to polish said aluminium. World leaders relaxed planet saved. Don't worry you will get a mention in despatches.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesssssssss I can see it now, Nobel prize for reducing much stress caused by tarnished aluminium and reduced repetetive strain injury from trying to polish said aluminium. World leaders relaxed planet saved. Don't worry you will get a mention in despatches.

Thanks Neil, but you better hurry im on the way to the patent office now!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good job, protecting the bike is the always an important mod.... Even if it wasn't technically a mod to the bike...

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did the same on my last bike. Totally scratched it. Now I keep my key separated from my other keys on a leather key ring so i wont scratch it. Only thing is that I've lost it a couple of times. Thankfully I found again...

vinpub

Reaction score
Visit site
Aside from the inventions, nominations and cool looking keys, what is a security chain key? I don't have one. Am I missing something?
I just noticed that my bike key looks different too. I have an '05 FZ6.
Just curious. I can ride just fine w/o securiy chain key ... :D

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

3696080.jpeg

I use those too...:thumbup:

teslas

Reaction score
Visit site
I have always had a dedicated motorcycle key chain. Just the key and a hawaii little key chain doo dad. STill scratches the triple clamp, but sure is a lot better then having a ton of keys.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So that's what the rubber tube was for... I saw my spare bike key had that tube on. Very good tip. Thanks Perryn.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Aside from the inventions, nominations and cool looking keys, what is a security chain key? I don't have one. Am I missing something?
I just noticed that my bike key looks different too. I have an '05 FZ6.
Just curious. I can ride just fine w/o securiy chain key ... :D
Security chain is just a big a$$ chain that I use ti cahin my bike to a post. My key is fancy baecause the UK FZ6 comes with an engine imobiliser as standard.