Where to buy a new visor?

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
I wont to replace my standard clear visor with a tinted, mirrored or dark visor.Where would you recommend i could purchase at a good price? :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I get mine from Hein Gericke, thats where I get my lids. Prices range from 17 - 30 quid depending what you want. In my experience you get what you pay in terms of visors.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with your search - there is some neat stuff out there, if you look around a bit for your brand...

I have a Bell and I found a "blue" visor... looks great :thumbup:

The tinted visors suck at night so make sure you bring the clear one for those rides home after dark...

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with your search - there is some neat stuff out there, if you look around a bit for your brand...

I have a Bell and I found a "blue" visor... looks great :thumbup:

The tinted visors suck at night so make sure you bring the clear one for those rides home after dark...

There are legal requirements for visors here in the UK. Make sure it has an EU safety symbol on it at the very least.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There are legal requirements for visors here in the UK. Make sure it has an EU safety symbol on it at the very least.
Excellent point, You dont want 3 points for a dogey visor. I got tugged for one I got in france about 10 years ago. It was an iridium coated one.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Let us know which one you purchase please mate, I have an AGV GP pro and would be interested in what kind of price you've paid. I used a mates tinted one last summer and I loved it, haven't got round to purchasing one yet though ...

Ta mate :)

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent point, You dont want 3 points for a dogey visor. I got tugged for one I got in france about 10 years ago. It was an iridium coated one.

Neil are the iridium coated visors not legal in the uk? does not mention that on the web page, just says they are genuine agv visors so i thought they would be ok?

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Let us know which one you purchase please mate, I have an AGV GP pro and would be interested in what kind of price you've paid. I used a mates tinted one last summer and I loved it, haven't got round to purchasing one yet though ...

Ta mate :)

Hi mate the cheapest genuine agv visors i can find is on racevisors.co.uk priced between £34 and £39. Im just undecided what one to get.As usual with a web purchase you cant really see what its like until its been payed for and delivered.What was your mates visor like, dark or mirrored tint?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

they actually check out your helmet for the stamps if you get pulled over? not only that but you get points for it? we would just get a fine for faulty equipment at the most if they cared enough to check.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi mate the cheapest genuine agv visors i can find is on racevisors.co.uk priced between £34 and £39. Im just undecided what one to get.As usual with a web purchase you cant really see what its like until its been payed for and delivered.What was your mates visor like, dark or mirrored tint?

Hi Numpty ...

As per the pic mate , medium tint, It looks great and is a pleasure to wear in the summer ! My mate actually uses it in the winter aswell.

watermark.php

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Neil are the iridium coated visors not legal in the uk? does not mention that on the web page, just says they are genuine agv visors so i thought they would be ok?
Sorry mate, I thought that I posted a response yesterday. As long as the visor is not stamped for race use only. They also need a kite mark or CE mark. The only problem with Iridium is that it smears quickly and the cheaper ones are easy to wipe the coating off if you use strong cleaners. I used a damp cloth to soal of the bugs and then a clean soft cloth to polish it.

Neil

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for that Neil.I think i will go for the dark (smoke)visor as i dont really wont to purchase a new one every few weeks cos i have rubbed the iridium coating off.Looks like im gunna be jonacs guinea pig aswell lol.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they actually check out your helmet for the stamps if you get pulled over? not only that but you get points for it? we would just get a fine for faulty equipment at the most if they cared enough to check.
Yes mate, its all about income generation, why bother catching rapist and child abusers when there are crimminals abund riding bikes..........................

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers for that Neil.I think i will go for the dark (smoke)visor as i dont really wont to purchase a new one every few weeks cos i have rubbed the iridium coating off.Looks like im gunna be jonacs guinea pig aswell lol.
Hi mate, don't let my experience of a product 10 years ago mire your thinking. If you can go to yourlocal bike shop have a look for yourself. See if any of the staff use them ect. Jonac is to busy pulling off (had to get that in) people from that stricken ferry.