Phillips Xtreme Power replacement bulbs

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So been reading on the net about all the different ways of improving visibility with the headlights. I can't afford or commit at this time to a HID conversion although this will give me the brightest results. PIAA bulbs are nice too, but I recently saw a review of Phillips Xtreme Power replacement bulbs that were tested to be superior over PIAA's. So I purchased an H4 and H7 for roughly $40 each pair and proceeded in replacing the stock bulbs.
I took some pictures of before and after, even with one bulb at a time pictures. I can't seem to tell the difference between stock and the new bulbs. According to the reviews and the packaging, these new bulbs gives off 80% brigther lights, maybe my aging eyes are deceiving me. So I'll post some pics and let everyones expert eyes tell me the difference.
First Pic: Stock bulbs H4 & H7
Second Pic: Right bulb (H4) Phillip Xtreme Power with Left bulb stock
Third & Fourth Pic: Both with Phillip Xtreme Power bulbs
Fifth Pic: Hi Beam with Phillip Xtreme Power bulb

Last edited:

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
So been reading on the net about all the different ways of improving visibility with the headlights. I can't afford or commit at this time to a HID conversion although this will give me the brightest results. PIAA bulbs are nice too, but I recently saw a review of Phillips Xtreme Power replacement bulbs that were tested to be superior over PIAA's. So I purchased an H4 and H7 for roughly $40 each pair and proceeded in replacing the stock bulbs.
I took some pictures of before and after, even with one bulb at a time pictures. I can't seem to tell the difference between stock and the new bulbs. According to the reviews and the packaging, these new bulbs gives off 80% brigther lights, maybe my aging eyes are deceiving me. So I'll post some pics and let everyones expert eyes tell me the difference.
First Pic: Stock bulbs H4 & H7
Second Pic: Right bulb (H4) Phillip Xtreme Power with Left bulb stock
Third & Fourth Pic: Both with Phillip Xtreme Power bulbs
Fifth Pic: Hi Beam with Phillip Xtreme Power bulb

I did the same thing and could'nt tell, But from the look's of yours I think they look more crisp. < if that makes any sense.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Incoming traffic flashing high beams....

Hey does anyone get flashed a lot by incoming traffic? Not sure if it's the idiots where I live, but I seems to get flashed a lot by incoming traffic. I bought my bike last August and wonder if the guys at the shop set them to high. I'm fine with it but wanted to throw that out there.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I got sylvanias and it was just 'whiter' but not much brighter.

We all get flashed by the way, whether its because of our one headlight, or elevation hitting them in the eyes (like a lifted truck) or just because they hate motorcyclists. At night i keep the low beam on for that reason, with my thumb always ready for the retaliatory high beam, where the sylvanias really kick in :)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It is hard to see the difference when looking right into the bulb, the major difference is going to come on the projection distance, intensity, and reflection ability. One of the biggest things that i notice when i upgrade my bulbs is the reflection on the street signs. I can see them further off and they reflect brighter. The HID's really are the only way to go and you can get the kits for about $100/side and in my opinion it is worth the upgrade price, so i will keep stock until i am ready to upgrade. then low beam first and then i may or may not do the high beam (i will also probably not be doing the dual headlight conversion).