Did some spray painting!

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up some Rust-Oleum Flat Black paint and did the rear passenger footpegs, radiator covers & radiator cap. Looks much better! I'm sure most of you are thinking I also need to paint or powdercoat the Rearsets! Those are next, once I find a Powdercoating shop near me. Here is some quick garage pics!

1-24-08PaintedRadiatorCoversPegs002.jpg

1-24-08PaintedRadiatorCoversPegs008.jpg

1-24-08PaintedRadiatorCoversPegs011.jpg

1-24-08PaintedRadiatorCoversPegs012.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Powdercoat the rearsets!! Don't even waste your time spray painting them. The paint will get scratched and chipped the first time you put a foot on em.

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
looks great. i really need to pick up a TCP seat cowl. well anyway, let us know how well that paint holds up. i've got some chips on my passenger pegs from when i painted + clear coated them. my front rad covers are a little chipped as well because i didnt bother to clear coat that.

if you do powdercoating you might want to consider getting the upper triple and/or bars done too. There's a guy on another forum who had it done and it looks great.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
looks great,,,i think after powdercoating the rearsets you should get rid of the original signals and get those little clear colored signals...that way the colors will be perfectly matched.. :thumbup: mine is the faster red color and the color of the original signal really started bothering me,,it doesnt match the bike at all :D

oh and i think the chain needs a little bit of adjustment :)

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with the powdercoated rearsets, I'm also looking into getting Black Pazzo clutch and brake levers. Still deciding on if I want the short or long Pazzo's. Any input from anyone who has a them?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Along with the powdercoated rearsets, I'm also looking into getting Black Pazzo clutch and brake levers. Still deciding on if I want the short or long Pazzo's. Any input from anyone who has a them?

I don;t have them yet but i will be getting the short ones when i do, i have tried them on a friends bike and they are pretty nice, Although that was not on an FZ6 i am assuming the feel would be similar.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
lookin good man. I also painted that stuff and the original muffler covers. did you use the rustoleum "rust tough"? that is what i have used for many things (muffler on my car, sway bars, and chassis brace) and it has never chipped. but it is like 5 bux a can.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
PAZZO's rock! Feel comfortable and ease the clutch pull quite a bit! I have a shorty clutch and would recommend shorties!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
PAZZO's rock! Feel comfortable and ease the clutch pull quite a bit! I have a shorty clutch and would recommend shorties!

Experience speaks louder than opinions. So I would take his advice over mine.

However, just to input my .02..

My clutch is pretty stiff, and even with some cable lube it is still pretty stiff.
(After all there is two metal sections in the line that make the 90deg bends.) With that said, I would imagine that on a long ride it would be nice to be able to use more than two fingers on the clutch. Example, one day riding through the city I was in and out of the clutch for about 20 minutes, and my forearm got tired quick, I had to resort to using 4 fingers on the clutch.
(125 and 250 two strokes taught me to always keep 2 fingers on it.)

However, for the brake I wouldn't mind a shorty. That is normally all I ever need, even under hard braking. Most MX or race type dirtbikes have short brake levers to begin with. What I would like to see if something like my old MSR levers on my KX. They have a black rubber peice on the face of the lever for better grip. Anyone seen anything like that.
MSRlevers.jpg

Like I said, that just my .02. They are really nice looking levers, with a hefty price tag to go along with them.

Boneman: How is your clutch pull before and after them?

- bryan

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed black 'shorty' Pazzo levers with red adjusters on my red FZ6 a few weeks ago. I haven't had an opportunity to ride with them yet (winter...yeh...) but the superior feel of both levers over OEM is amazing. I decided on the Pazzo's for looks, price and because I have rather small hands, and the OEM clutch lever doesn't have an adjuster.As an aside, I actually ordered the long Pazzo's for both sides (I was concerned about the possible increase in leverage effort), but short ones arrived, but I'm now VERY happy about that. They are not as "stubby" as they look in photosI can actually get all 4 fingers on the clutch and brake lever, albeit with my 'pinky' on the ball end of the Pazzo's. Just going on "feel", I cannot say that there is any more effort required to pull on the clutch than with the OEM levers...in fact, I would be inclined to say that it's actually smoother as the clever Pazzo lever angle is perfect for my hand on setting "1". My first ride will tell me whether I made the right decision or not, but just sitting on my bike on the centre stand and going "vroom vroom" tells me just about all I need to know. :D

Redhawk

2QuickFZ6
Reaction score
Visit site
lookin good man. I also painted that stuff and the original muffler covers. did you use the rustoleum "rust tough"? that is what i have used for many things (muffler on my car, sway bars, and chassis brace) and it has never chipped. but it is like 5 bux a can.

Yea, thats exactly what I used. It wasn't "cheap" spray paint. I used 2 coats of primer to make sure the flat black had something to 'stick' to.

...is the Pazzo clutch lever somewhat simple to install? I know the brake lever would be easy!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I would imagine that on a long ride it would be nice to be able to use more than two fingers on the clutch.
Like I said, that just my .02. They are really nice looking levers, with a hefty price tag to go along with them.

Boneman: How is your clutch pull before and after them?

- bryan

I in fact use more than 2 fingers with the shorty clutch lever. You can get 3 fingers on easily. I've done an all day ride with zero issues in regards to finger or hand fatigue with the Pazzo's. Their shape is also very comfortable.

Clutch pull is noticably easier/smoother thank stock levers. As I've said before, I was nervous that using a short clutch lever would make the pull harder, but it didn't. I also have a custom exteneded clutch slave lever which also adds the smoother pull of my clutch.