Joe Rocket Manta Tail Bag??

economarte

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinkinh to buy the Joe Rocket Manta Tail Bag.
The price is reasonable and i believe is good for short rides,
My wallet,a small bottle of water and my photo camera is all i need.
I don't know how steady will be on the bike and also if there is a scratch posibility.
Any help???

Here are some photos

Last photo is the built in rain cover which is included

sempul

Reaction score
Visit site
lol last one looks like the parachute from the drag cars lol.

i dont have one of these. however i have the manta XL tank bag and that sucker is AWESOME!

just saying...........................lol

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
looks like the straps velcro under/around your seat. So I don't think there is much worry with scratch in the paint. By stability do you mean "Will it fall off?" or "Will it affect handeling?"? Either way I would think the answer is no. It looks too small to really affect handeling and if it straps in like I think it will, the first strap would be infront of the latch so it couldn't slide off. I have the regular manta tank bag and love it. Could use a bit more storage though. If you go with this, I would sure appreciate a review with photos. :)

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't forget to take a look at the Axio tail bag. Best feature is the hard plastic shell on top. Has two zippered pockets in the top. Bottom has a retaining straps that you can see in the pic.

I have stuffed a spare shield, 3 shirts, camera case, sunglasses case, tire repair kit, water bottle, phone and snacks in the thing. Best looking of all the available tail bags IMO. Comes in different colors too. Mine is Carbon Fiber pattern.

In the pic there is a cable lock, tire repair kit (in big pocket), cold weather gloves, neck warmer. I had my lunch, phone, and some other items in there for commuting to work.

Great bag. It has velcro straps like most other bags. I customized my mounting a bit.

345bv61.jpg

2hf28av.jpg

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got the Manta tail bag. Just a warning, the velcro straps are too short to go all the way under the seat. The FZ6 seat is wide in the back. I'm improvising and securing the straps to the passenger handles. It's not made for that, but it seems to be secure.