Clear Alternative tail/brake LED circuit/lens better?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I know from earlier posts that the Clear Alternative integrated tailight sucks. You can even see this from CA's own website with the device demonstrating. It also seems to distract from the more important function: the brake light action!
Anyway, how about the NON-integrated tail/brake light circuit board with the clear lens? Has anybody seen one of these in action? If it's a lot brighter than the stock set up I'd get one. 58cycle has one for under $50 but I can't tell if it would be any better than the stock set-up. I know the Suzuki SV650 have a stock LED tailight set up and they are noticeably bright but it has a red lens.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
there are also stock replacement bulbs that are LED and fit into the stock hole but are much brighter. and for under ten bucks they are the best bang for the buck.

just look for 1157 or 2057 led bulbs on ebay!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Somebody using Clear Alternative

Okay, cool, I'm glad to hear about the LED bulb replacement and about it being brighter than stock 1157. But, the maximum number of LED's in one of those is less than in one of the Clear Alternatives circuit board LED/clear lens set-up so I wondering if anybody out there is using the CA set-up. I very well may go with the 1157 LED bulb replacement but I would like to know if the CA set-up is a lot brighter.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you notice if the LED replacement from CA is brigther? And since the lens are clear I assume the LEDs light up red and if not is that legit or even safe?

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, the glass is slightly smoked but I think that it probably is a little brighter then stock. Especially during the day. And of course the leds are red..I'll post a picture the bike tomorrow for you...

popsicle_3000

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the clear lens on mine, and it is much brighter than stock. and i think the non-red cover looks better as well. very pleased with it

jcfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the smoked tail light and led board I got from CA and I'm quit happy with them...

I also have the CA led board and smoked lens and it is definitely brighter than stock and looks a lot better, IMO. It is kinda a pain in the butt to mount the board in the stock housing tho. I used the mount they supplied and stiffened it up with a few more screws and secured it with some liberal use of hot glue.

FZ6_Dude

FZ6 Corner Carver
Reaction score
Visit site
it wasnt too bad of an install took more time getting to the light itself than it took to mount the new board and get the new lense in... went with the clear integrated and have had it on for 5 years now and still love it... much brighter than the stock was and cleans up the back of the bike...

Pollogp

Reaction score
Visit site
I use a led bulb and... something else
xD xD xD

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZXtEhQ04RY"]YouTube - ‪HMDO FZ6‬‏[/ame]

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the CA LED light but used the OEM red lens instead of the clear lens. It is brighter than the stock I also added an LED strip brake light from Cycle Gear at the top of the license tag. Together with the LED CA light my bike is much more noticable when I put on the brakes.