repair kit

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
My used 2005 FZ6 had an owners manual but no tool kit.
Could someone please tell me what is in the factory tool kit?
Why does the underseat storage space have that strange shape?
What tools and repair items do you carry?
Bandaids (I'm kidding)? Tire patches and CO2 cartridges or an electric pump? Would a bicycle pump (low tech, hard to make a mistake and fewer moving parts) work on a motorcycle tire?

Thank you, Ender:confused:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My used 2005 FZ6 had an owners manual but no tool kit.
Could someone please tell me what is in the factory tool kit?
Why does the underseat storage space have that strange shape?
What tools and repair items do you carry?
Bandaids (I'm kidding)? Tire patches and CO2 cartridges or an electric pump? Would a bicycle pump (low tech, hard to make a mistake and fewer moving parts) work on a motorcycle tire?

Thank you, Ender:confused:
Hi mate the factory tool kit consists of:
1 x Universal screw driver flat head and philips
1 x 5 mm allen key
1 X 3 mm allen key
1 X Rear wheel wrench 32mm
1 X Extension bar
2 X 10 mm open end spanner
2 X 12 mm Open end spanner
1 X Rear shock adjuster

Thats about it, I would like to get a puncture repair kit. They are small and very useful.
The under seat storage is that shape due to shock absorber and rear wheel clearance. It is designed to hold the Yamaha D-lock. I also have my alarm under the seat so its a bit tight.
A bike pump wont really work, they get to dam hot lol.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I also used to keep a can of tyre weld under my seat. Trouble is it leaked everywhere and by the time I discovered it it had set hard. Took me ages to pick it all off. Will get another, and put it in a sealed bag!

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
Underseat I only carry the stock tool kit - don't really think there is any real useful extra space there for anything. :(

I have a tankbag, but I ussually only carry extra riding gear, water bottle, ball hat, map...

That tyre weld sounds like a good idea on those longer trips.

S

sportrider

no joke!!! carrying a first aid kit is always a good idea. I normally have a few band aides and some asprin and eye wash. not that I could do surgery but if something minor happened it would be nice to have.:Sport:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I only carry the basic tool kit on the FZ. I carry alot of crap on my Dual Sport though. Inflator, tubes, tools, tire tools, and a few others. I think once I start taking the FZ on long haul rides out of state I will probably revisit what I carry.

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
no joke!!! carrying a first aid kit is always a good idea. I normally have a few band aides and some asprin and eye wash. not that I could do surgery but if something minor happened it would be nice to have.:Sport:

+1

The first aid kit is vital, especially on group rides. I've had to tape up a couple of guys now who have gone down. It sucks when it happens, but they are always glad to have the supplies when needed. Something else I carry are a couple of prescription pain pills. Not exactly legal, but a Godsend when somebody is truly hurt. Too many OTC painkillers are blood thinners as well and can make the bleeding worse.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have always just had the basic tool kit, but i guess it would be a good idea to have a first aid kit, and some additional things for in a pinch.

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
I also used to keep a can of tyre weld under my seat. Trouble is it leaked everywhere and by the time I discovered it it had set hard. Took me ages to pick it all off. Will get another, and put it in a sealed bag!

I have a can of Tyreweld but was wondering if it's too hot under there to keep it.

That may have been the problem buggerlugs