Buell Uly explodes on cursed Halloween Ride!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I went on a "cursed" Halloween ride with some MD riders.

The roads were kinda wet, and a hottie in a sweet looking ducati monster 1100 dropped her bike getting out of an exxon station. No biggie she just broke off part of her front brake lever.

After about an hour into the twisties, I was going uphill around a corner and I saw some smoke, I figured it was one of the locals burning some leaves.
But no! I came up and saw the riders who were already up in front pulling over. After hard braking and pulling my bike over to the side of the road, I went over the see what's up. As I was walking up the hill, one of the local farmers started yelling "hey his brake fell off!" I was like oh sh*t!

Well it wasn't his brake, his crank case blew up!!! There was motor oil everywhere, running down the hill (and onto our wheels).
I made sure the rider was ok. He was in good spirits. He even said he still had extended warranty.

In this digital age, after making sure the rider is ok, everyone started snapping photos with their cell phones/cameras. :rolleyes:
Take a look at the photo below. You could see the metal casing just ripped off!
The pieces of the engine are in his belly pan. Some part flew off and that's what the farmer thought was a brake caliper.

We all were pulled over on a street lined with peoples' driveways. A nice lady came down to see if she could help with some tools and drinks. We declined. Then she told us to get the bike off her driveway because she just had it re-sealed and the oil was going to mess it up! :Flip:

Anyways, the Uly rider eventually got home and drove his trailer over to take his bike to a HD/Buell dealership.

Also , as seen in the far right photo, one of the riders decided to get into the holiday spirit. :D
(I cropped people's faces out just because I am weird like that....)

Last edited:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap! Glad everyone was fine. No wonder Buell is getting out of business huh :p

Oh and also, where are the pics of the hottie on the monster :D

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
lol yeah there were a lot of erik buell jokes flying around.
also the duc chick is married and has 2 kids! :(:(:(:( :eek:
you can see her in the black ducati gear in the middle pic. she is farthest away from the camera.
i don't want to be a creepy stalker so i'll keep her a bit anonymous.

she had those riding boots with heels too....damn.....:drool:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess that's why they say it's a crappy engine :eek:

either that or something was wrong with how it was assembled or maintained...

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer, good to see no one went skating on the oil.

I wouldn't be too happy about some pos :)justkidding:) bike puking oil on my driveway either.

Nothing like a hotti on a Ducati:rolleyes:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
threadDigger.jpg

lol. Reviving another old thread here. Just wanted to give an update on the Buell that exploded, since there are some Buell riders on this forum.

That Buell is all patched up and back on the road. HD stood behind it and picked up the $5,500+ in repairs.