Firstgear "Kilimanjaro" 3/4-Length Jacket

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I see from the "How Tall are You" thread there's at least six of us over 6'2"; the best place I've found for us is Competition Accessories: Automotive, Motorcycles, Atv, Outdoor, Sports, Recreation, Events, Rally, Bike Week ; try to get their catalog, there's lots of Tall men's items listed.

I've been wearing a Tourmaster "Intake" jacket since last summer. It's fine, fits me well, but is "bomber-style" (ends at the waist) and the two liners take a long time to put in, even when you finally know what you're doing! Competition Accessories advertised a closeout sale on the Firstgear "Kilimanjaro" coats, so I sprang for one to use strictly as my "winter" coat.

Today was about 35 degrees, and it hasn't snowed for a few days so the roads were clear, I went for about a 45-mile ride with my new coat. It was nice and toasty, I didn't get cold at all. The workmanship seems just a bit better than my Tourmaster; the seams were very clean, no loose threads, and it doesn't seem like it'll fall apart after just a couple seasons.

It's a 3/4-length, so it extends just below your butt. One nice feature is a zipper from the bottom on each side, which only goes up about six inches; you can unzip them which lets the bottom of the jacket splay a bit more while you're riding, then zip them back up for a cleaner appearance while walking around (gotta look clean!) :p There are front top and bottom pockets, a large inside pocket, and zipped vents on the front, sides and back. Shoulder, back and elbow padding included. There are velcro straps on the sides for a custom fit. The collar stands pretty tall, and wouldn't be comfortable on me if it were any snugger (I have a 17 1/2" neck). The nice thing I discovered today is that it's high enough, in conjunction with my helmet, that my neck doesn't get cold and I don't need a scarf, balaclava or other neck thingie. The sleeves have adjustable snaps to vary the fit, but like my Tourmaster, they're only comfortable on the widest setting, and I've got fairly skinny arms.

Only one complaint. Tall sizes only come in black with grey trim, and there's no reflective piping or patches on it; I guess us tall people are supposedly visible enough... :mad: It seems most manufacturers do this with their tall sizes (although my Tourmaster jacket does have reflective patches and piping, but again, just black and grey).

Worth the $170 I paid for it! :thumbup:

Last edited:

F250moto

Reaction score
Visit site
I have that same jacket and love it. As a winter rider, I've hit temptures as low as 22 with this jacket and still find a long sleve shirt makes me sweat. Awesome jacket, I'm glad you are happy with it.

bcutter

Reaction score
Visit site
Have had one of these jackets for 8 years and, although it looks old and faded, it still works better than other jackets I've had:thumbup:. Now, because of its looks I mainly use it for Dual-sport rides. It is full of vents in the summer, doesn't leak a drop and in the winter with the addition of the included fleece jacket is good down to ~35 degrees F:rockon:
Mine has a rather large pull-down reflective piece in the rear vent.

Bill

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have had one of these jackets for 8 years and, although it looks old and faded, it still works better than other jackets I've had:thumbup:. Now, because of its looks I mainly use it for Dual-sport rides. It is full of vents in the summer, doesn't leak a drop and in the winter with the addition of the included fleece jacket is good down to ~35 degrees F:rockon:
Mine has a rather large pull-down reflective piece in the rear vent.

Bill
Eight years, Wow! Guess I made a good choice! Thank you! :thumbup: