Suggestions for adding 10+ horses?

crudux-cruo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I'd like to add atleast 10 more BHP to my stock '07 FZ6.
I will be installing Leo Vinces this spring. But from what I
understand, that's just going to make my bike 'sound' faster.

any suggestions? Thanks

FZ6Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I think that if you get an Power Commander III and change too K&N air filter (or any other type), pluss the exhaust, you should get at least 10 hk more. But you might need to run it in a Dyno-Jet, to get it mapped right.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I chuckle about posts like this...

Is the stock FZ6 not fast enough.... hmmm 150+mph should take care of the need for speed.

exhaust ... well for a bit a zip and mostly better(louder ) sound... that is a matter of preference and understandable

if you wanted a faster bike for about 2,000 you could have had an FZ1

or the R6

just my opinion ... :p

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, some of you guys are no fun anymore :D

If you're just looking for better acceleration and not worried about theoretical top speed, you can change out the stock sprockets for very little $$$.
________
RobinXXX

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi
I'd like to add atleast 10 more BHP to my stock '07 FZ6.
I will be installing Leo Vinces this spring. But from what I
understand, that's just going to make my bike 'sound' faster.

any suggestions? Thanks
Hi mate, I dont know diddley about this type of stuff. However, what I do know is the ads you see for the gizmos that increase power by simply plugging in. Are a load of crap. They are very cheap, but in this case you certainly get what you pay for.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
i dont think gaining +10hp would do anything but if you wanna do it ,,i would agree with the exhaust-filter-power commander combination....+1 to sprockets too...

by the way,modified bike is not comparible with a stock faster bike,,,there are tons of faster bikes then FZ6,,,"isnt FZ6 fast enough?" statement is very funny....of course its not fast enough ,,go ride a 1000 cc sport bike and you'll see that FZ6 is a toy....but again trying to modify a bike is much more fun,,and to feel the upgrades step by step on your stock bike is a great feeling,,,i would never try to put +100 hp to an FZ6 with nos and turbo,etc..but i always dream of it,,,instead of dreaming a hayabusa....

ps,,i love my FZ6 :D

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
go race against any car on the road like i do, and youll soon understand how much faster you are. im not saying racing like illegal style, but when you see an old man in his $500,000 mercedes, you have to show him whats up. haha.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
,,,"isnt FZ6 fast enough?" statement is very funny....

of course its not fast enough ,,go ride a 1000 cc sport bike and you'll see that FZ6 is a toy :D

well then.... how about you post what public roads you cruise at 150+ so I can avoid them

the FZ6 is not a TOY..... it can end your life in a heart beat....
I have been to 130 and just bearly hit 5th gear.... that my friend is not a toy...

now I am not saying that there are not faster bike out there .l.... just that you do not need much more for public roads

peace out

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Mikebike, I dont think tolgatt really does think the bike is actually a toy but is just using the term "toy" to emphasise just how dangerous and fast a 1000cc bike is against the 600cc FZ6. Its certainly fast enough for me, I've never been above 100mph...its just slightly illegal to go over 100mph on a public road! :)

Still...if it is sudden power you need change the sprockets, I dont know why you would want to increase the top speed..if 150mph isn't enough for you, become a fighter pilot.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Mikebike, I dont think tolgatt really does think the bike is actually a toy but is just using the term "toy" to emphasise just how dangerous and fast a 1000cc bike is against the 600cc FZ6. .

thats exactly what i meant,,98hp is not a real toy of course...but im not talking about the top speeds either,,mikebike you honestly dont think that the only difference between the FZ6 and an R1 or CBR1000RR is the top speed ,do you? if you are,you are wrong..from the get go, every single touch of throttle makes you understand the difference between these bikes...
you dont have to go faster than the legal limits to see the difference..and i never stated that i ride illegally...i did ride and go over the speeds of 175mph with powerful bikes several years ago when i was living in a european country where it was totally legal..i live in canada for 5 yrs,,,not even 1 ticket,i have respect to the law ,too....

All i was trying to say is FZ6 is a great bike but modifying a bike has nothing to do with trying to reach higher speeds all the time or buying a better bike..

thats why when somebody is asking help about modification of a bike ,telling him to buy another bike sounds funny to me....thats all

no hard feelings

boliviasi

Reaction score
Visit site
i have exhaust, no cat and k-n filter but i bought the filter beacuse my stock filter need to be replace and the exhaust because i like the sound. and i think i didn't gain any power what so ever but whem i feel like my bike is slow i just ride my brothers r1 and tha bike its quick.

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not got the other way on a weight reduction program. Better handling, acceleration, economy. Some carbon bits, remove the passenger foot rests that kind of thing.

Just an idea.:)

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to the mods listed, you might want to consider installing camshafts and cam sprockets from the 04 R6. You could machine the block to increase compression, port and polish the head, etc.

Go for it, just keep us informed on how goes.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the best way to make the bike faster is to upgrade the rider. Do some track days and get to use the power you rbike has more effectively rather than just adding some more.

If you want to change the power in your bike swap the sprockets to gain more accelleration. PCIII exhaust, cat eliminator, and high flow air filters are a good start but if you start wanting to add some real power it might actually get tobe more cost effective to get another bike. Th FZ6 has a purpose, and being a GP bike is not one of them.