Alternate Handle Bars?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the stock Yamaha handle bar however there are times when it would be nice to have a lower bar. On my old GS1100 I used to use K&N's superbike and drag bars depending on what kind of riding I was doing. The drag bars just looked cool too. I'd like to run a drag bar on the FZ. Has anyone done this? Are there any clearance issues with the fuel tank?

Thanks -

Pete

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I've put a bar called "Jota bars" on mine and it is a much sportier feel. Not tried it on the track yet but it feels sweet out on the roads :)

Before and after shot

watermark.php

watermark.php

See my thread further down in mods for more info mate...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
JONAC - Thanks for the scoop, those are freakin' bizarre! Do they flex at all when you stand on the brakes hard? It seems that will all the plumbing and joints it might flex. I really appreciate all of the work you put into figuring out a solution. Do you still like them?

Also, did you ever consider and old school "clubman" bar? I assume clearance is an issue with those too.

Thanks!

Pete

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi pete, no flex at all.. All the plumbing is so they are fully adjustable. No clearance issues either :)

watermark.php

Not seen the clubman bar ... any pics ?

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi pete, no flex at all.. All the plumbing is so they are fully adjustable. No clearance issues either :)

watermark.php

Not seen the clubman bar ... any pics ?

Those are definitely intriguing, how much were they and are there marks on them to make sure they are accurate from side to side.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's photo of "clubman's". These have been around forever and are what were used for ages when a rider didn't want to use clip-ons. Typically they were used on smaller displacement bikes not larger ones like CB750F, etc.

The photo shows them backwards.

Pete

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's photo of "clubman's". These have been around forever and are what were used for ages when a rider didn't want to use clip-ons. Typically they were used on smaller displacement bikes not larger ones like CB750F, etc.

The photo shows them backwards.

Pete

Those bars were very popular back in the 60's in Britain, and were known as "Ace" bars. They were easy to install (and remove) and gave instant sportiness to any bike. I had a set on a Tiger 110 way back in 19 ought 68 :

T110.jpg

I do like those "Jota" bars, Jonac.....also, what make of grips and bar ends are those? Very cool.

avogt18

Reaction score
Visit site
Im running the LSL gold aluminum street bars from Spieglerusa. they are pretty low, my controls on the bars are less the 1/4" from hitting the tank at full turn. i love it, very nice feel...
LSL Handle Bars

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im running the LSL gold aluminum street bars from Spieglerusa. they are pretty low, my controls on the bars are less the 1/4" from hitting the tank at full turn. i love it, very nice feel...
LSL Handle Bars

Avogt18 - Beautiful! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to get a set ordered up. They look like a good solution.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Those bars were very popular back in the 60's in Britain, and were known as "Ace" bars. They were easy to install (and remove) and gave instant sportiness to any bike. I had a set on a Tiger 110 way back in 19 ought 68 :

T110.jpg

I do like those "Jota" bars, Jonac.....also, what make of grips and bar ends are those? Very cool.

The grips are pro grips ... very cheap but really nice "gel" feel

Got the bar ends from an online store in the UK called busters... also very cheap

Last edited:

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jonac,
Is that a gear indicator you have on your dash? Can you give some details mate? Cost, ease to fit, accuracy etc.
Cheers!
Phil

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jonac,
Is that a gear indicator you have on your dash? Can you give some details mate? Cost, ease to fit, accuracy etc.
Cheers!
Phil

Hi mate ... see my thread on "How to fit an acuman digigear"

Its one of my favourite mods :)