Jacket Safety Material

What material do you prefer your riding jacket to be made of?

• Leather

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • Textile

Votes: 51 43.6%
  • Mesh

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Skin - I'm a Squid

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Vote for your favored gear material. Cheers!

Even though I am still a rookie; I choose leather. My second choice would be textile for the hot California Weather.

Last edited:

fisheye

Reaction score
Visit site
I voted for leather.
Here in Florida I ware leather in the winter and textile in the summer.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
I prefer leather, but I have all three types - leather jacket, a textile jacket, and a mesh jacket... all three are armoured.

First choice is to wear leather... if raining or very cold, wear textile... if stinkin' hot, wear mesh.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the feel of leather on my skin..

Oopps! Sorry wrong forum lol.
I prefer leather and like you all I have all three. I had never owned textile before the FZ6. I was really dubious about abrasion qualities. I did some reasearch and found that some textiles actually perform on par with leather.
The trick is don't fall off to test it lol.
I have to say that since owning my textile jacket I am a convert.
Its warm, waterproof and very comfortable and cheaper than its leather equivilant.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be trying my first textile this spring when i complete the trade for the one that i have that does not fit.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I would prefer leather because it is considered best but i wear a mesh w/armor because it had more features i could live with (ie; machine washable, cooler in the year round heat of florida, a zip-in liner that is very waterproof and warm for our three cold days a year, etc) and sweaty leather stinks!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I would prefer leather because it is considered best but i wear a mesh w/armor because it had more features i could live with (ie; machine washable, cooler in the year round heat of florida, a zip-in liner that is very waterproof and warm for our three cold days a year, etc) and sweaty leather stinks!
I really think textiles have come such a long way.

gamestone

Reaction score
www.gamestone.co.uk
can you wash your tetile jackets in the washing machine?

I'll check the label :)

My Akito textile jacket label says it can be washed in a machine at 30 degrees (you take the armor out first though).

I washed mine the other week as the road salt made the coat smell funny, don't tumble dry, dry clean or iron it or the water proof layer with be knackered.

With the British weather raining for the last few weeks, a leather coat would be ruined.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

My Akito textile jacket label says it can be washed in a machine at 30 degrees (you take the armor out first though).

I washed mine the other week as the road salt made the coat smell funny, don't tumble dry, dry clean or iron it or the water proof layer with be knackered.

With the British weather raining for the last few weeks, a leather coat would be ruined.
Rain sucks...

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site

similar to my mesh. ill have to check them out (more money i will spend because of this site!)
i swear i can spell textile :thumbup:

trailblazer87

Curve Hound
Reaction score
Visit site
You know what bothers me about the poll results....

That a couple of people have actually chosen skin as their favorite. Unless they have the super protection of the Corona T-shirt and sandals:p