I think I have made up my mind....maybe

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so for those of you who don't know, I am building a quasi-streetfighter. I have been working on this project for a little over 8 months now. (yes I am a slacker) I have gotten a majority of my parts together (list of major stuff below) and I have been racking my brain for a paint color. I originally thought orange would be good but my fiance didn't agree :rolleyes: . I didn't want to do black because everyone has a black strretfighter. I loved the original cobalt but I wanted a color that would stand out and make me more seen (always good). So looking at paint colors from new and old cars, trucks, and motorcycles, I think I have finally found my color! It is the closest thing I could find in the states to Power Blue (see Grommit's beautiful bike for example). Plasma Blue Pearl (see pic of ER-6N below. I picked a naked bike painted this color for the un-imaginative ;) )

Parts list:
1. '03 GSX-R 1000 headlight
2. KMP mini-fairing (see pic below)
3. CRG bar end mirrors
4. FZ1 bars
5. Custom Brackets
6. New tank (old was dented)
7. New pegs (one was bent)
8. TCP Seat cowl
9. Yamaha belly pan
10. Motivation sliders (old were rashed)
11. eventually I plan on powdercoating rearsets and triple black to match frame
12. I am sure there is more but you will get pics when I am done! :spank:

Let me know what you think. Will this color work on a black framed FZ6?

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
The pic of the ER-6N doesn't really do the color justice. I would have to guess that you have seen it before it is the kind of electric blue Kawasaki has used on damn near everybike they make....
ZX-14
ZX-6
ZZR600
Vulcan
Ninja 250
ER-6N
etc........

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, my first look and I'll comment. It is a great color, but, if it were me doing this, I would pick a color that is not identified with or previously used with the FZ6 lineup. Go wild with it. We've got reds, blues, orange, white silver, black and one green bike we know of. Has anyone done the retro Yamaha? Yellow with black? How about a blend, like maybe a Red Sox theme? ;)

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, my first look and I'll comment. It is a great color, but, if it were me doing this, I would pick a color that is not identified with or previously used with the FZ6 lineup. Go wild with it. We've got reds, blues, orange, white silver, black and one green bike we know of. Has anyone done the retro Yamaha? Yellow with black? How about a blend, like maybe a Red Sox theme? ;)

I see where you are coming from. No Red Sox theme for sure.....the New York snowbirds will run me over for sure! I also thought about yellow and black but it would have to be all yellow (paintable areas) to balance the rest of the black.........

I really don't want to go too crazy with the paint job......even though I was originally thinking of going flat digital arctic camo! :eek: kind of like this...

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a fan of blue on bikes I'm afraid.
I got my last bike done in a cheaper version of cherry apple red, looked amazing.
If you want orange though (awesome choice imo) then go for that. Its going to look the most amazing against the black frame out of any of your choices!
Its your bike afterall, and unless your the one deciding what colour your fiancee's hair is then your getting the raw end of the deal.

Anywho if you do go with blue I'm sure it will be awesome, and everyone who likes blue will tell you so!