Winter Tires

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Anyone have any recommendations for a good wet and cold weather tire? It doesn't really get below freezing in the UK but will hover between 35 and 50 all winter long. It will also rain 3 days per week. At the rate I'm going, I'll probably get through a set before it gets warm again so they will most likely just need to last the winter.

Thanks!

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
i had Pilot Road 2s on the BMW, they worked well in the rain. As did the 021s and roadsmarts. Most sport touring tires do just fine in the rain, just get them warm.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I second the PRII's. They have great grip in the cold and wet.

Though, if you find some proper DS rubber that fit these rims, let me know. I wish metzeler made these in our size.

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Love the PR2's for wet but most good motorcycle tires will preform in the wet as long as you have good tread depth.

Most important is to have a smoooooth throttle hand when riding in the cold and wet.

I rode in 10 miles of snowing conditions 2 weeks ago (so much for sunny CA), My new Pirelli diablos were just fine. Cleaning the FZ wasn't much fun after that.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I'm running the Conti RoadAttacks at the moment and really like them. Maybe it's time for a change tho just to try something different. Sounds like there's no one tire that's really good other than the 2CTs so I'll give those a go.