Moto Pak GTS-60 mounting

scoobydrvr

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently purchased these saddlebags and i'm really impressed with the initial quality. However, upon trying to mount them, I'm having alot of trouble finding mounting points.
When I put the velcro straps under the seat and under the grab bars, the bags seem to hang really low and at an angle, close to the tire. When i move them above the grab bars everything seems to work. The big problem is that my passenger really wants to be able to use the grab bars.

How is everyone with these bags mounting them up?

Cmayer31

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine should be arriving via Brown truck tomorrow. I'll play with it and see what I come up with. I don't ride with a passenger often though, so that'll make a difference.

regder

Reaction score
Visit site
I never tour with a passenger so I can't help you there, mine sit over the grab bars

one thing to keep an eye out for is if you have a fender eliminator and pack the bags full of stuff they will sag onto the turn signals, possibly causing the FE to break like mine did

I think the only solution is to make up some sort of soft saddebag support

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
I am going to try and make a bracket for them this weekend. I will post pics. When I strap them up, I either put them over the rails and seat, or I put them under the seat and under the rails (if I have a passenger).
I usually let the rear of the bags push against the turn signals a little so that there is enough room for my passenger.

markustyson

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is a shot of the bracket I made. I've only done one side so far.

Materials:
Aluminum (flat bar) 48" from HD $12.99
Nuts, bolts, and rubber washers

Only need 24" per side. I Drilled a hole for the bottom of the bracket to bolt onto the passenger peg holder. Drilled another one to attach to a hole in the topcase bracket.

I plan on painting it black to match the topcase bracket.

Last edited: