German Shubert S1 legal in the US? DOT list needed

Dieter_W

A German in Tennessee
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I've got a German Schubert S1 helmet (also on sale in the US) that I want to use. my problem is that it (being a German model), does not have a DOT number or sticker.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Dieter

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you are comfortable with it on your head then it should be legal. They do not give helmet inspections unless you are taking it to the Track

W

wrightme43

No I was not reffering to the Schuberth as a saladbowl at all. I know it is a quality helmet.

In the US we have a strange group of people who insist that helmets kill. In states that mandate helmet usage they will buy 10$ plastic fake helmets, and then buy a DOT sticker and put it on the helmet. I will go and find you a link of what they do and ride around with.

Here you go.
Not to be used on any motorised vehicle on hiway or off hiway.
eBay Motors: GERMAN STYLE NOVELTY MOTORCYCLE HELMET (item 280189288869 end time Jan-10-08 16:36:00 PST)

Northern

Reaction score
Visit site
I know that. Usually CHOPPER riders use them. In my country, we call this "equipment" a "soup bowl" or "crust" (I'm not sure thats the correct translation) :)

Dieter_W

A German in Tennessee
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh yes, stupidity is universal. That's one thing no country can claim a monopoly on :)

@ Wrightme43: thanks for the link, that's the easies (is not the most legal) solution