Changing Color of the Meter ?

hellstormer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi anyone here have done any mod to their meter ?

Stock wise is green color, wish to change to blue or red... :Flash:

Can it be done ? Please share if you have done so...

Cheers !

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know someone who has done it on their RC51 and they had to get different colored mini LED's that matched the LED's soldered to the circuit board.

My YZF used regular incandescent bulbs so it was easy to swap, but that was an all analogue cluster.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yes it can be done. It involves taking apart the instrument panel and unsoldering the surfuace mount LED's and replacing them.

These guys do LED mods: Welcome to Bluegauges.com

But others have asked them about the FZ6 and apparantly they cannot do them(?). Not sure why he can't.
no luck w/ them, only r1, r6, fz1...i need for '07 fz6

If you know some basic electronics and can solder, I'm sure you could find replacement SMT LEDs and do the re-working yourself.

hellstormer

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it can be done. It involves taking apart the instrument panel and unsoldering the surfuace mount LED's and replacing them.

These guys do LED mods: Welcome to Bluegauges.com

But others have asked them about the FZ6 and apparantly they cannot do them(?). Not sure why he can't.

If you know some basic electronics and can solder, I'm sure you could find replacement SMT LEDs and do the re-working yourself.

Thanks pal for the info ! I'm familiar with soldering, finding the rite SMT LEDs should be no problem... But its a big risk performing this surgery on the instrument panel... If destory it would cost a BOMB :mad:

Would dismantle the instrumental panel, and see whether the mod is possible and share with you guys...

Cheers !

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Anything is possible. I've replaced all the SMDs in my Xbox360 with blues (Console and controllers).

I wouldnt touch the cluster though, warrenty and all (360 I got second hand without a warrenty before it was extened, so at the time it didnt have one).

avogt18

Reaction score
Visit site
I took my 07 guage apart, i wanted to see how hard it would be. i may go through with this...
2194317786_fb5d2316eb.jpg

2193544073_bb6399b42b.jpg

2194322318_72461ccd11.jpg

2193539113_de011f4d44.jpg

2193540525_32e276b2ab.jpg

2196399522_cd7bf1f91b_o.jpg

B

bluenova

The simpler option would be to buy some sticky back transparent plastic in your desired colour, cut it to the right size and stick it over the screen :rockon:

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I was asking about the same thing on another board, and people told me that the 2006 model gauge is sealed, so if it could be done it wouldn't worth the effort and risk... It can be done on 2007+ models though

OkieDavid

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting.....I wonder how avogt18's effort turned out? Looks like a perfect opportunity for me to practice my "smoke testing" method of circuit board soldering.....I tend to have too much caffeine/nicotine in my system to attempt that precision stuff on anything more vaulable than a coffee maker.....Man that could be an expensive oops!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll be doing this mod if I end up buying a FZ6. So far I've successfully modded an old Nokia 6340 and a wired xbox 360 controller with blue LEDs. I've got about 30 SMT LEDs left somewhere around here.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
You know those 3D glasses you need to wear when watch 3D movies? They may do the trick for you?;)... You might have to close one eye, though....