Grattan Track Day 9-27

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Went to a trackday at Grattan Raceway in Michigan. It was with the local BMW dealer, but they had intermediate and I got some great pictures out of it. I highly recommend going to this track if you can, some very unique corners and elevation change.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice form man! Saw your picture in that Super Streetbikes mag along with PowellB and Wolfman.

Bike looks sweet. What belly pan is that?

Cliff

PowellB

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics!!

Man, I'm jealous of all you guys that have grass at your tracks. Not that I really pay attention to the scenery all that much in session, but deserts are a little bland, ya know?

MRGM

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool looking track! Exactly what's involved in prepping your bike for the track, and what are their rates for a trackday?

Prep depends on the org. you are riding with. For Sportbike track time, I had to tape the lights/wheelweights, no glycol coolant, and that's pretty much it.

This day was $150 and includes lunch. The end of the season here, most of the trackdays are $110.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome... excellent pics!

I am surprised they let you out without leather gear... no-one would let you on the track without it out here...

catcher_15

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Matt -

How was the track condition? Last time I was at Grattan I was in a Mustang...almost 5 years ago now. In spots the track was rough enough to make me want the F250 I towed up with.

Brad.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take a shot at a few of the Q's -

Check out Sportbike Track Time - Get on the right track !! Toll Free #888-390-4020 and click on FAQ and Policies\Procedures and Requirements for all info on doing a TD with us.

Leathers are highly recommended by we are more forgiving with the novice group. We're really just trying to get you hooked :). IMO, should you really need to be told to wear the proper gear? - oh yeah, what used to be common sense is now extrordinary sense :).

Grattan IS bumpy. There are a couple of spots that if you get it wrong, it will just about knock you off the bike. That said, with a little experience or following one of our coaches around who have been around it a gazillion times, there is a smoother line. It is a very technical track with some awesome elevation changes, off camber turns, a jump where you will get 'air' and it is very scenic. It's a little late for this year, but come out and ride it next season - you'll have a ball!

Last edited: