I hate myself today

wizer186

Reaction score
Visit site
So, I decided to get a new tire after not being able to figure out what was wrong with my old one. I'm not even going to tell you the story of trying to get the rim off my bike. It was a nightmare in itself.

However I eventually succeeded.

After 4 days.

Today, I took the metro, to the bus, to the shop to have them replace the tire because I was supposed to go to NC tonight to visit some womens this weekend. My bike is my way of getting around.

That goes fine. Great. Annoying, but great.

I had a bunch of errands to run too (because I'm also a 70 year old grandmother, I was buying toffee pieces), which all ended in failure, actually. I have to mention that this whole time I had, in a white plastic bag, those two pieces that end up falling off your rim when you take the rim off the bike. They're on opposite sides of the wheel in the middle, where the axle goes? Don't know the name. I do, however, know they're important.

Well I apparently took that white plastic bag, and set it somewhere while rustling through my pockets in the mad rush that was today.

And no. I didn't pick it back up.

So now I have a wheel, rim, axle, and bike, but I'm missing two $8 pieces of metal that are kind of important. It will apparently take a week for them to get here. I'm not pleased. I had epic plans this weekend with college aged females :-(

Does anyone happen to know of a way I could get a hold of replacements QUICKLY? As in, the next 24 hours? I live in Washington DC btw.

I would love you. Passionately. Until the end of time.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The only way I'm thinking you could do that is find a place that has them and have them "Overnight" it to you. Unless you can go to a local Yamaha dealer and use the same skill and determination that you would use to convince those girls to share your DNA and convince them to part with the spacers/bushings from a bike in stock till the new ones come in.

If you explain this to someone, what the situation is, the dealership may qualify you under the "Man Code" LOL!:rof::rof:

Sorry man! I had to! :spank::spank:

wizer186

Reaction score
Visit site
I think mancode should be in full affect.... lol

I also think that there should be motorcycle shops every 100 miles or so that stock EVERY PART you could possibly need. Like a Walmart for motorcycles. I live near 2 f'ing metropolises for christ's sake, they would HAVE to be able to make money. Who really wants to wait 5 days to get their bike back on the road?

Not me!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I think mancode should be in full affect.... lol

I also think that there should be motorcycle shops every 100 miles or so that stock EVERY PART you could possibly need. Like a Walmart for motorcycles. I live near 2 f'ing metropolises for christ's sake, they would HAVE to be able to make money. Who really wants to wait 5 days to get their bike back on the road?

Not me!

You should ask the dealer how many wheel spacers they have sold over the last year for the FZ6. My guess would be 0. There is no money in inventory sitting on shelves collecting dust, you have to look at it from their perspective. Supply and demand!

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Test ride a fizzer , take the parts, bring it back and say no thanks the back tire doesn't feel right.

Just kidding don't do that, I could have some made but that would take too much time. And cost more.

Hope you have a good weekend anyway,

Oh yeah, did you say you were a 70 year old grandma who rides everywhere?
That is so sexy, Can I clone you, I am too young for you but a clone......?
I just remembered too that you said you were changing your own tire?
You should start a school for girls and teach them, you would be in the history books!

Last edited:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Call every yamaha place and tell them you need wheel spacers for your bike. If they have an FZ6 on the floor, ask them if you can buy the used ones off of it and replace them with the new ones that you can order from them. I've seen this done before.

Or rent a car to go see the ladies.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
If your really desperate you could always try and find a shop who will lend you one of their bikes if you leave yours (edit:while its waiting for the parts that is).

wizer186

Reaction score
Visit site
It's really looking like I'm going to have to just swallow my idiocy and deal with it this weekend. I wouldn't be able to get my bike there because I don't have a truck to transport my currently inoperable bike, and maybe the "can I use your old for new" thing would work if it was something more expensive than a pair of spacers but I highly doubt they'll want to go through that kind of work for a new pair of something that probably doesn't need replacing anyway.

Alas.

I tried to look into any salvage yards around here but I couldn't find any. Apparently there are a lot in Norfolk, go figure, but that's like 3 hours away and if I could get there I could get to Chapel Hill just as easily lol

One of my problems is that the FZ6 just isn't that popular around here. I like it because my bike is unique, but the shops don't carry spare parts for it. The R6 wheel spacers aren't the same either...