How to install lower cowl (Yamaha)

W

wrightme43

Ok to start with its important you open the box. Inside you will find this.

W

wrightme43

Open the blister pack and remove the L and R fairing stays. You will need a 5 allen wrench to loosen the front two oilpan mounting bolts. You will reuse these bolts to mount the stay. Here are the bolts loosened for ease of sight, and the stay installed.

W

wrightme43

Next you go to the left side of the bike and loosen the front two oilpan mounting bolts. The rear one has a wire holding clamp installed as well. It needs to go under the fairing stay. Here are the bolts loosened again, and the stay installed showing the clamp as well.

W

wrightme43

Next you install the gromets in the cowl, and the hard inserts into the grommets.

W

wrightme43

Then you install the cowl onto the bike using the supplied allen head cap screws. #4 allen wrench.
Install all the bolts to start and then tighten them. It looks like this.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome post... the cowl looks great on your bike!!

Dennis

W

wrightme43

Thanks I really like it. I expect I will be ordering the full side fairings, from (TCP is that right?) when the exchange rate gets closer to reasonable again. LOL

buchjoe

Reaction score
Visit site
wha't the point of the lower cowl? is it functional or just an aesthetic improvement (which it is...)
JOE

W

wrightme43

It just looks hella cool. LOL
It might just maybe keep a little gunk off the headers, but mainly it just hangs out and looks cool. Sorta like me..... LOL

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
??? center stand

how did you get the bike on the center stand? i kicked my arse today trying when i lubbed the chain.

SHinNH

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: ??? center stand

how did you get the bike on the center stand? i kicked my arse today trying when i lubbed the chain.

I had the same problem when I first tried to use the center stand.... until I realized it was in gear and wouldnt roll... once I took it out of gear.. easy as pie..

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cowl looks very good, i might get one "in the mean time" before ordering the full sides. but i really want the full sides...

The center stand kicks your arse? my rolls right up on it, how much do you weigh? you can put weight on the step bar and then pull up on the passenger peg mount if you are having troubles.