my little project

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
this is my project fz i have a new tank on the way so dont mind the huge dents in it. the front end is off an 07 gsxr 600 and the tail is something i just started on and had some technical difficultys with which is why its covered in bondo

and the important part PICS! :cheer:

0921091725.jpg

0921091722.jpg

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
i know i already have 6 or 7 hours in sanding in and im like half done. hopefully it will be worth it in the end. i used foam for to make my mold and put on a few coats of latex paint to seal it and protect it from being eaten by the resin. but i guess it wasnt enough. when i came back to check on it it ate a good bit of foam leaving me with a really lumpy peice. so once i have this all sanded smooth i'll make a splash mold of it and the lay the final peice. so for now just sanding and sanding

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
@ shreveport1 im gonna go with a shorty can right behind the rearset but that will be a ways down the road so i got borod of sanding and realized that we had alot of extra cardboard in the garage so i taped up a little speed hump kinda thing to an old tail just for fun. im kinda liking it might try to do something like this instead of the other one i have pictured lemme know what ya think... keep in mind its just cardboard

downsized_1001092034.jpg

1001092039.jpg

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool project! how difficult was the GSXR front end? was it just a fork swap or the whole thing?

That looks like it could be a seriously mean machine with you are done.

And FWIW i like the 2nd tail section better, the first looks like a generic track body work tail section.

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
the entire front end is off a 2007 gsxr 600 it wasnt to hard to fit.... i still need a steering stem machined or bushings made to press into the gsxr triples right now its the gsxr stock steering stem with the lower threads removed. it has the stock fz bearings in it it feels ok but tbh i wont be riding it like that its just on there so i can push it around till i have the cash to go see a local machinist. and i totally agree about the other tail looking to track bikeish think im gonna do some work on the black one.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
@ shreveport1 im gonna go with a shorty can right behind the rearset but that will be a ways down the road so i got borod of sanding and realized that we had alot of extra cardboard in the garage so i taped up a little speed hump kinda thing to an old tail just for fun. im kinda liking it might try to do something like this instead of the other one i have pictured lemme know what ya think... keep in mind its just cardboard

downsized_1001092034.jpg

1001092039.jpg
I like this new tail section alot better...its a tricky thing to get the tail balanced on a sport bike.angle to high and it looks like some kind of Wasp,or Bee.angle to low looks like a dog dragin it's butt on the carpet.........I think you are realy close to getting it right.....what i like to do is browse the net for pics to bikes similar to what i'm imagining....it realy is looking alot better,and truthfully the underseat exhaust heats up the seat something awful !!

alkinoos

Reaction score
Visit site
What are you gonna do with the main switch? I know for sure that the FZ6 does not fit directly to GSXR's upper tree plate.
Look what modificaton i've made to mines. gsxr1000 to fz6
13032009001l.jpg

05032009002.jpg

Last edited: