Picture061.jpg

Should I do it??? LOL

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:rockon:

I don't care what kind of bike a person likes, whether it's turbocharged or not, Buell makes just about the sexiest bike out there :eek:

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
CRAP!!! Thats nice! I've been looking at the non-turbo but I think I'm too tall, plus don't have the $$$ Buy it!!!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man, that is very, very cool! :thumbup: Any other photos of the plumbing? I love looking at how creative people can be with custom mods.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Replaced, the extra torque could cause a few issues, you can also change the gearing that way too. The belt is great but you are stuck with the gearing you get.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
David, do you know what brand that front brake rotor is? I really like the look of it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah that's a sweet machine but a turbo? I guess you can never have enough exitment! LOL!

What are the using? Maybe a Garrett Air Research T3? Hahaha. Oil cooled bearing I would imagine.

Cliff

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
If it's a Garrett, then it'll be a GT-15 or GT-20. Those are about the right size for the bike, and are available without water cooling.

The buell has a great advantage for the turbo. It's got a dry sump lubrication which can be adapted to suck the oil out of a low mounted turbo.

On the FZ6, a turbo in that position would need an auxiliary pump to bring the oil back up into the crankcase.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
That is definitely one slick looking Buell. I love the wheels. Nice clean fender and looks like he has the same rear subframe riser mod thing, too.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, I wonder if the chain drive and new wheels are intended to handle the crap loads of torque this thing puts out. Still a gorgeous bike regardless, and looks nice in black, but I like the blue better.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Check out the license plate...Florida. Good luck finding a twisty road down there to wear off your chicken strips...lol.

hey, I live in Florida and I don't have any chicken strips.........most bike down here have 320 kits and 400lbs of chrome :rolleyes:

and no they are not Harley's.......:eek:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting, I wonder if the chain drive and new wheels are intended to handle the crap loads of torque this thing puts out. Still a gorgeous bike regardless, and looks nice in black, but I like the blue better.

Wheels are stock (I have the same ones in blue).

Chain drive is indeed to handle the additional torque... belts are much more robust today compared to a few years ago (mine has a lifetime warranty on it), but I guess this dude did not want to take any chances :)

Some dyno graphs:

11psi boost:

11psiDyno.jpg

9psi:

9psiDyno.jpg

old setup with 7psi compared to new setup with 11psi:

Old7psivsNew11psi.jpg

More pics:

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture030.jpg