My streetfighter with Buell headlight

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
About a month ago I laid my bike down on the left side and did enough damage to pay for a streetfighter conversion. Here are the pics, the wife is the photo buff in the family but I didn't want to wait until tomorrow to post pics so here goes.

View attachment 21790

View attachment 21791

View attachment 21792

View attachment 21793

Heres what I went with: Rizoma bars, grips and bar ends. CRG hindsight mirrors. Shogun frame sliders. I had the triple tree, top clamp, radiator covers, windshield bracket, and custom speedo bracket powder coated. The same guy painted the tank, seat pods, grab handle, and exhaust cover. This winter I plan on having the rearsets powder coated. I will also get some new levers and go with a 15t front sprocket. I wired up the headlights so both are on all the time. Also ran power to the running light that is in the headlight and found a red bulb that fits. When the headlights are on you can't really see the red light but at night when you just turn on the key it does look cool.

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice! I love the paint work!

I'm actually going to be doing this conversion in the next couple of months, so it's always nice to see and hear how others did it. One thing I'd been wondering was how to wire up the headlight...that is, if you wired it up normally, would one or both lights be on? Now I know...you've just gotta wire it up to have both on.

Speaking of, how did you wire in the headlight? I'm thinking of getting an aftermarket connector that will work with the Yamaha connector on the bike side of things, then just putting the Buell wires into that and, voila. I'd like to keep everything on the bike-side as-is, so if I want to slap the fairing back on there for cold weather riding, I can.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks.

I had bought a weatherpack connector but couldn't get the pins secured to the wire to my liking so I just ended up using some butt splice connectors. I didn't have to worry about going back to the original setup otherwise I would have tried something else.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Nccoder, the pictures I took don't do the paint job justice. Tomorrow I will try and get the wife to take a good picture of the tank.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks armystrong, your bikes was one of the many I looked at and helped sway me to go this route instead of with the FZ1N headlight.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome... McLovin has one too and we got to see it last wkd... looks VERY good indeed. Almost stock.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good man...congrats. The paint looks killer....:thumbup:

Only thing im not really feeling is where the horn is....put a mustache on it or move it, I think it gives the bike a 'face' that would look MUCH better without... or maybe a machined gas mask horn cover..;)

earthdaddy

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, I like the paint. I was thinking of going with a similar paint pattern, but with a satin black and a flat silver as the colors.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks very good! I've been interested in the Buell setup lately because I heard it's quite a bit cheaper than the FZ1N or FZ6N headlight. Do you mind telling us about how much you spent?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
dturpen, I don't know what the OP spent, but here's what Surdyke.com has the setup for...

Headlight: $92.80
Windscreen: $59.46
Windscreen Mount: $18.84

This is EXACTLY why I'm going with the Buell setup as opposed to the FZ1N headlight...it's over $300 cheaper.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Surdyke is where I bought my parts thru. There is a thread with part numbers but if you need them let me know and I can post them for you. You will also need some type of fork clamps to mount them, I bought mine from flyncycle.com for $87.00. There are lots of options for mirrors. I went with the bar end ones from CRG - Constructors Racing Group. Them seem like really good quality and I like that I can see more than just my arms. The mirrors were $150.00. I went with cheap for the turn signals, I think they were $15.00 from newenough.com. I got the bars, grips, and bar ends from Pjparts.com.

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow nice stuff, that looks awesome, especially the headlight at night!
Just out of interest, are you going to get a more aggressive looking screen for the front, it looks kind of out of place on the front atm. If it was a bit more of a V shape down the bottom is would look insane with those lights.

dimitre977

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is the stock Buell screen. I haven't looked into any aftermarket screens, I'll probably be sticking with this one.