Non L.E.D Flush mounts?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this seems odd, but does anyone know of any flush mounts that are non L.E.D? My parents gave me a FE kit this Christmas and it came with a set of turnsignals that are not L.E.D, however they are very bright and look good.

When I recieved the bike the previous owner put a set of cheap L.E.D flushies on the bike that are too small for the hole where the stock turnsignals mounted. The chrome finish on the plastic has peeled off and they are not as bright and I would like them.

So in order to match the rears, which I like, I would need a regular bulb style flush mount up front. Later on I plan on making that accessory light in the headlight assm a turn signal, as well. That bulb will be a typical amber bulb, too.

Thanks for the input.

-bryan

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i know you are pleased with the incandescent type of bulb but they are becoming a thing of the past. Why not just get a nicer set of LED flushies for up front?

also I believe Lockhart Phillips still makes some generic bulb type flush mounts

http://lockhartphillips.com/

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I found what I am looking for on page 158.

They offer those flushies is small medium and large. I want them to cover the hole that is already there for the stalk of the stockers. Any one care to take a guess as to what size. I am torn between medium and large, but leaning towards medium.

-bryan

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Well, IMHO I would go with the Medium ones. Most ppl want to add flusies to help reduce the overall size of the signals in general and improve the bike's apperance over acheiving "greated visibility" of the signal itself. Going with a larger flush mount partially defeats the purpose of making the signal more integrated within the bike..although probably safer and more visible.

Looks like you found decent ones so I don't think you can go wrong with whatever size you choose. Please post some pics when you get em on!!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Holy crap, did i legitimately help someone? I am dangerously close to contributing to this forum....

Yea you did, and I appreciate it. However, apparently my father ( A parts manager at a yamaha shop) has already ordered some medium ones in the amber lenses. Since the shop is switching locations, they have been misplaced within the mess of a halfass moving job. So when he finds them he will bring them home and we will see how they fit.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
cool, him having them is way better than you having to buy them :thumbup:

Yea in this case I get to try before I buy. Maybe I can help dig them out tomorrow. I have to help my friend change his tires on his GSX-R and hopefully the tire machine will be operable. While I am there I will try to dig them out if I can find them. Look for pictures by the end of the weekend. Before I go back to school...:(

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea in this case I get to try before I buy. Maybe I can help dig them out tomorrow. I have to help my friend change his tires on his GSX-R and hopefully the tire machine will be operable. While I am there I will try to dig them out if I can find them. Look for pictures by the end of the weekend. Before I go back to school...:(

I look forward to the pics, does he remember which lenses he has, i want the smoked ones for mine.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I look forward to the pics, does he remember which lenses he has, i want the smoked ones for mine.

I believe he said something about them being amber, if I am not mistaken. Personally I want clear with amber bulbs to match the rear signals and the turns signals I willl have with the accessory lights shortly.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

I mentioned this thread when I posted this pics on my upcoming trip thread. But I figured I would go ahead and post them here as well.

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Those were from the catalog that you suggested.

As for the light out put there are very bright. I still would like to have a little more out front, i.e pod lights, lol. But they are pretty good.
It took a bit of dremeling to get them to fit. I ended up cutting a bunch off the inside of the fairing to get it go in straight.

I will try to get some light out put shots for ya.

-bryan