How do you take apart a headlight?

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Its actually a Gsxr headlight I need to take the lens off of but they are all pretty much the same, right? So Im pretty sure I need to bake it but for how long and at what temp?

Thanks!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure wavex will be along shortly to confirm or debunk this, but IIRC, it's 20 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. With their FZ headlight, some people have said that's good enough, and others have said another 5 minutes would've been perfect.

That's all from memory, though...but like I said, I'm sure someone will come along and say for sure. :thumbup:

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just did mine at the above mentioned. It was a little difficult to pull apart. I was thinking that 205 for 25 minutes may work a little better.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
You may want to check up on Gozilla's and Boneman's threads about the angel-eye bi-xenon headlight install. Both discuss in some detail the entire process, of which taking the headlight apart is included. But if all you want is the temp and time, 200F for 20 min works fine.

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
I just retrofitted bi-xenon projectors in my Honda Rigeline last week. My headlight assemblies came off with ease when I

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F, turned the oven off and baked for 10 min. Wear gloves to handle your parts. I think I got these instructions from the Ridgeline forum, but it worked really well.