Yoshimura S1 Leather Track Pant

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally bit the bullet and bought myself some leather pants. I have been riding for too long without any and decided that it was time.
I found a great deal on the Yoshi pants at Cyclegear, and got them online. I ordered a size larger, but they fit true to size. I am between 30-32, so I ordered the 32 in case I wanted to slip on some liners in colder weather.
These pants are top quality. The leather is soft and they really feel broken in after a single ride. They are also thick and burly. They come with sliders and CE armor built in.
They also have two zippers with both halves so that you can sew it into your jacket. One zipper is full circumference, the other is just across the back. You can use either. Any tailor will be able to sew in the other half so that your pants and jacket will zip together.
I use these pants with a Icon Motorhead jacket and they look great and feel great together.
The pants are very comfortable. The mesh leather on the thighs breathe extremely well and I have worn these in up to 90* heat without feeling like I'm going to have heat exhaustion. Now, these are still leather pants and therefore are still hot, but they do feel great when moving. You get a nice jet of air right into your "hot zone."
They move extremely well thanks to the flex panels in the groin area and the leather stretch material. I have no issues moving around in the seat, their mobility is just amazing.
One great added benefit is that I can slide off the saddle easier and transitions are much smoother.
Another great thing I have noticed is how much easier it is to grip the tank with my knees under braking. With pants you slide and/or get sore knees from gripping so hard. With these pants, it's really easy to keep from sliding forward.
Overall I feel so much more confident hanging off the bike now, and that really helped my turning.

I can't believe it took me so long to get these......

Now if I can only get myself to buy some boots.....